Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Hello everyone and welcome to what we call "4DR Forum 2.0"!

This is the biggest update we have ever made to our forum since the launch and we are very excited about all the changes, features, and enhancements that are now possible with this forum. To get somewhat technical for a second, this facelift is due to our upgrade to XenForo 2.0, which is a huge change to the forum software. Previously (and for a majority of the lifespan of the forum thus far), we were on XenForo 1.5- XenForo 1.5 (and XenForo as a whole) is fantastic, but we definitely wanted to make some kind of change to the forum, so here we are! I do want to make it very clear right off the bat that while this upgrade opens up new opportunities and features for us, this does mean that some features we were accustomed to on our old forum have been left behind and/or will not be coming until later. We ask that you please understand this and work with us during this transition so we can make this forum as awesome a place as possible for all of you guys. The reason that the following features are not present is not from our own choice, but rather, they have not been coded to work with XenForo 2 just yet. I will now begin to list, in no particular order except for as I think of them, some features that you guys may have been accustomed to on the old forum that are no longer here or are not coming until later (we had a lot of features, so if I forgot some, please let me know!):
  • All existing styles have been removed because they are not compatible with this newer version of the forum software. Everyone should have been booted off to the default style if you were not on it already, but if you aren't for some reason, make sure to switch to that to ensure that you do not see the funkiness that is outdated styles. We are currently working on adding more styles over time and reaching parity like we were with our old forum. Again though, this is something that will take some adjusting to and we ask that you work with us.
  • Post Ratings (rating a post as funny, informative, etc...) - this WILL be coming to a future version of XenForo in the very near future, however, as of right now, this does not exist and you will have to use just the traditional "like" button.
  • As of right now, Advanced Memberships are not able to delete/undelete, or open/close their own thread. We are looking into some form of replacement to do just this, but there doesn't appear to be a feasible one just yet.
  • Bumping a thread using the Bump system is no longer possible as there is no feasible replacement. This may be a blessing in disguise though as there was never any confirmation prior to bumping a thread.
  • The "Today's Birthdays" widget is no longer here. Please use the following page under the "Members" tab if you are interested in seeing birthdays on the forum: Today's birthdays.
  • This doesn’t necessarily have to do with XenForo 2, but just happens to be convenient timing- all media and albums added to the Media Gallery over the years have been deleted due to a corrupted database table. There is NO ONE more bummed about this than me, so believe me, I know how annoying this is. The good news is that Resources made over the years are still here and I have fixed the table so if we upgrade again at some point in the future, this will not happen again.
Do remember that the list above showcases everything that is not present in this forum, but I could easily put together a list of the same size (if not bigger) of features that are of benefit to us. If I forgot something (which is very likely) or you otherwise have questions about features or the forum in general, please definitely post a comment here and I will get back to you ASAP! Also, if you see any bugginess or weirdness going on anywhere, definitely feel free to post on this thread as well so we can try and fix any issues.

Check back often as I will be updating this post and the thread in general often here as we start out.

Known Issues:
  • Prefix selector/filter cuts off on Blade style.
  • Some criteria for obtaining 4DR Swag Bucks is not working (namely the Media Gallery I believe) until the next update arrives.
  • Probably other issues that I can't see/haven't experienced yet.

Last edited:

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Issue: Clicking "Awards" on someone's profile brings up nasty error. Reaching out to developer to see if there is a fix. Also created a "Known Issues" section in first post.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Anyone who had a profile cover will need to re-upload it if you want it to display. A pain, I know- I have to go and see if I can find my old Azula one somewhere lol.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Forum has been opened back up. Please be aware that I will continue to work/add features in the background, but I did not want to have you guys wait for too long.

Paris

Commander of Waifu's
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$11,322
FC
1722-5591-5953
Switch FC
SW-2743-2869-0978
Clan
4DR
Well this is... something.
It feels kinda odd with the missing features, but I guess it had to happen, time to get used to it.

Reactions: Azula

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Well this is... something.
It feels kinda odd with the missing features, but I guess it had to happen, time to get used to it.
It is odd! But it definitely is for the better. More features will come over time. In fact, I am still adding them as we speak. We definitely encourage feedback on everything though!

Paris

Commander of Waifu's
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$11,322
FC
1722-5591-5953
Switch FC
SW-2743-2869-0978
Clan
4DR
It is odd! But it definitely is for the better. More features will come over time. In fact, I am still adding them as we speak. We definitely encourage feedback on everything though!
Is this the reason for the update then, for new features and stuff?
I personally didnt see any issues with the previous version, but there might be things in the background I have no clue of.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Is this the reason for the update then, for new features and stuff?
I personally didnt see any issues with the previous version, but there might be things in the background I have no clue of.
Nothing was necessarily wrong with the older version of the forum, however, making it more modern opens up new opportunities for us going into the future.

Reactions: Paris

Paris

Commander of Waifu's
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$11,322
FC
1722-5591-5953
Switch FC
SW-2743-2869-0978
Clan
4DR
Nothing was necessarily wrong with the older version of the forum, however, making it more modern opens up new opportunities for us going into the future.
I see, well I'm curious about the new features and opportunities, cant wait!

Alexander

Luigi time!
Staff member
4DR Leader
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$488
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Clan
4DR
Woo! This is awesome! I love it! :D

Paris

Commander of Waifu's
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$11,322
FC
1722-5591-5953
Switch FC
SW-2743-2869-0978
Clan
4DR
Last edited:

Alex

15/04/2017-27/08/2018
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Social Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$139
FC
4043-2716-9973
Switch FC
SW-1962-1671-2223
Clan
4DR <3
Bumping a thread using the Bump system is no longer possible as there is no feasible replacement. This may be a blessing in disguise though as there was never any confirmation prior to bumping a thread.
That last part was 100% me so I’m pretty glad this isn’t a thing now LOL

Also, really love this new update! It’s nice to have a fresh look on the forum and I can’t wait to see the possibilities it brings in the future!

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
View attachment 3547

This is what happens when you try to go on https://4drclanforum.com/pages/trial-members

EDIT:
It does still exist via https://4drclanforum.com/pages/trial-members/
But the screenshot below showcases this message when on trial, and when you press ''this page'' it redirects you to the URL which does not exist.

View attachment 3548
Fixed!
That last part was 100% me so I’m pretty glad this isn’t a thing now LOL

Also, really love this new update! It’s nice to have a fresh look on the forum and I can’t wait to see the possibilities it brings in the future!
Haha me too. Glad you like it!

Reactions: Paris and Alex

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Thread prefixes appear to have been removed from threads in the process of switching over (lol ok????), so if you care, you may want to go back in and update any of your applicable threads with prefixes.

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Issue: Media Gallery not displaying YouTube videos because it isn’t an acceptable source? Lol

EDIT: This has been fixed!

Last edited:

Azula

Sweet but Psycho
Staff member
Tech Admin
VIP Member
Premium Member
Bronze Member
4DR Member
4DR Swag Bucks
$462
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
One fun feature that I did want to mention.... emojis are now supported (or should be very soon lol)! You are not limited to just forum smilies. :p