• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Welcome to the 4DR forum 2.0! (2 viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

New(ish) Style: Blade Dark! For Premium Members and up. Enjoy!

Chopp'em with the blade

New(ish) Style: Blade Dark! For Premium Members and up. Enjoy!
omg yessss!! I've been waiting for this style ahah thank you for getting it added Zach! 8-p

Have also opened back up the ability for those with Advanced Memberships to manage (delete, lock/unlock, and move) their own thread since that doesn’t seem to be throwing error messages anymore).

I know this is going to be a real exciting one for everyone, but the Privacy Policy now functions correctly without throwing a “too many redirects occurred” error (may require you to clear cache/cookies, but it worked straight away for me personally). It’s the small victories. ;)

Added the “Today’s Birthdays” widget back that we had previously. Much easier to determine and congratulate people on another year!

There is a problem @Azula, Vally has a problem while connecting to 4DR site it appears as the following: ''an unexpected database error occurred. please try again later.'' is there a way to get her access to this site :hug:

There is a problem @Azula, Vally has a problem while connecting to 4DR site it appears as the following: ''an unexpected database error occurred. please try again later.'' is there a way to get her access to this site :hug:
That was known issues a few days ago, which has been fixed. But she need to try clear cookies/cache to get access to the site. Hope it helps!

Thanks for reporting this on behalf of Val, Akashi! Rach is definitely right here- have her clean cache/cookies if that error is still showing for her and let us know if that doesn’t work. :)

Fixed username icons so that server icons now work. @Paris

One step forward, two steps back (the trend of this upgrade lol): it would appear that the icons for the “Bowser’s Castle” and “Help” section are not displaying. Will work on this but may take a bit... luckily those are two sections that are not used too much.

I’ve received a few messages about this (most recently from Doss- thank you!!), so I think it’s time I finally let everyone know about it here. To preface, I meant to announce this probably a week or so ago now, but whenever I wanted to make an announcement, I always got sidetracked by something else lol. You will now see deleted thread/post placeholders around the site. That is to say that whenever a staff member deletes a thread or post (I believe this only includes threads and posts but not on the Media Gallery, Resource Manager, etc...), you will see a placeholder showing that it existed at one point and its reasoning, but only staff members will actually be able to open the thread or post up. A picture of what this looks like can be seen here (if you’ve ever been a staff member before, this looks similar with the exception of no “View” link):

Just don’t want anyone to get confused or think it’s a bug because it’s actually a new feature that I forgot to mention! :D The main reason for offering this is because other forums in our niche offer(ed) this, and because it offers extra visibility in regards to the forum rules. Since the reason is shown, if you are a new user and see a post deleted because it is harassing other members, then you would know that’s a rule that you probably don’t want to break. :p As always, if you guys have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out!

The Forum update looks great! :D Positive changes will always be welcome! :thumbsup:

So I got a 4DR Veteran Award even tho I'm not a Veteran rn.
Zach said this shows up for people who previously were Veteran's, because of a new Award system? (Not too sure)

Attachments

• DBAAB22D-B87C-41AD-A81E-943CC2DA498D.jpeg
    DBAAB22D-B87C-41AD-A81E-943CC2DA498D.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4
So I got a 4DR Veteran Award even tho I'm not a Veteran rn.
Zach said this shows up for people who previously were Veteran's, because of a new Award system? (Not too sure)
Thanks for posting Paris! More to come on the new Award System and why this happened, but for now, I will be working on removing the Veteran Member award from people who it doesn’t apply to. TL;DR as to the reasoning why this happened: the Award is given out automatically based on you receiving the Veteran Member trophy, so if you have received this trophy before, then it has given you the award.

Alright everyone, time to announce the new Awards System! There are pros and cons to this new system like with anything, and while most of the cons are just things that we will get adjusted to, it is important to remember this. Some of you may or may not have noticed, but I thought it’s time to officially announce this new system. The new Award System does not have any impact on existing Awards. All Awards and their requirements are the same, and all users have the same Awards that they had before. The biggest difference between the old system and the new system is how you request or recommend an Award. All the Awards are now listed at: Awards There is a link under the “Forums” navigation tab. This page will be familiar with the Awards being listed, their description, requirements, and a link to Request or Recommend the Award. When you click either of these, you will notice that a form pops up asking you for the reason you are requesting/recommending the award, as well as the person you are recommending the award for (if you’re doing that). If you already have a specific Award, you will only see a “Recommend” link since there is no need to request an Award that you already have. Once you submit the form, it will go to Staff Members who can review the request/recommendation and approve or deny it as necessary. Gone is the old “Award Requests and Recommendation” section as there is no need for it right now. It has been archived, but it may come back at some point in the future as a re-purposed section. So with that being said, here are a few takeaways:
  • Awards now display in your postbit, which is exciting! It will display a maximum of 12 Awards, and if you have less, it will try and center them to make them look visually appealing.
  • As Paris posted earlier, there were some of you who have received Awards that aren’t applicable. The most prominent example of this is the “4DR Veteran Members” Award. The reason for this is that this Award is linked to the “4DR Veteran Member” trophy for automation purposes. So essentially if you have ever been a Veteran Member before (and thus you received that trophy), you have received the Award. I will be going through and removing these after I finish making this post. I also noticed that some people have received an Advanced Membership Award automatically even though they don’t have the Advanced Membership anymore. Again, these are based on trophies, so if you have the trophy, you are going to get the Award. This is fine however and I will not be removing these. The Advanced Membership Awards are permanent regardless of whether or not you still have the Advanced Membership (it would be too hard to track otherwise).
  • For Awards that require proof (VR Champion for example), you MUST upload the image somewhere and include a link in the reason for requesting/recommending the Award. Before you could just attach it when making a thread in the Award Requests and Recommendation section, but this is obviously no longer possible. So for Awards that require proof, upload them somewhere (I like to use Imgur, but you can even upload the proof to the Media Gallery here on the forum). Just because you can’t attach images does not mean you don’t have to present proof anymore.
  • As of right now, all Awards you can request/recommend, including Awards that imply rank (for example, the 4DR Leaders Award). I hope this changes in the future (can’t disable it for right now as that option doesn’t exist), but just so everyone is clear: requesting/recommending Awards that imply rank and aren’t meant to be requested/recommended is FORBIDDEN and is considered abusing the system. Please be aware of this as users who request/recommend such Awards will be disciplined appropriately per the forum rules. Additionally, users who request/recommend an Award repeatedly that gets denied a few times will have their requests/recommendations automatically ignored by the system.
As always, if you have any questions, concerns, comments, feedback, etc... please let me know!

Back