• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Welcome to the 4DR forum 2.0! (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bump!

Three new features have been added:
  1. All staff members will now have their postbit color coordinated to their username in hopes that staff member posts can be identified that much easier. This may be a rare item that is coming to the 4DR Forum Shop later. ;)
  2. "OP" or "Original Poster" banners are now shown. For those who don't know what this means, it will basically display a little banner over the avatar of the user who made the thread if they continue to comment. For example, I made this thread and you can see that there is an "OP" over my avatar (if you are on desktop). If you are on mobile, you should see a little ribbon that says "Thread Starter". This feature is more helpful in certain sections/threads than it is in others, but there is no option (or desire really) to enable/disable the feature in certain sections or threads.
  3. Active Forum Membership is back! Most of the people who are regularly active on the forum now likely do not remember this, but Active Forum Membership is a reward given to those who are active on the forum. The reason it hasn't existed for such a while is because we were using an add-on for the criteria to be met and when we upgraded, that add-on did not exist for XenForo 2.x, but now it does and so this can return! In terms of how to acquire Active Forum Membership, we do not give out the exact number of posts that you have to reach in hopes of promoting quality posts rather than posts that are just spammy to try and get Active Forum Membership. For more information on Active Forum Membership, please see: Active Forum Membership The criteria, details, and perks are subject to be changed over time.
Aside from that, we are looking at other new features to add to the forum, working on cleaning up outdated informational threads and pages (we have many on our radar, but please feel free to post outdated informational threads here so we catch everything), and we are excited to be rolling out these new changes!

Stay safe, be well, and have a good Easter! :)

All staff members will now have their postbit color coordinated to their username in hopes that staff member posts can be identified that much easier.
I like this. However, just as an inquiry to see a general opinion on this, but does this look a bit weird on longer/really longer posts? Such as, 4DR Members and Impostors, for example. (Edit: You could actually take the first post in this thread as an example as well.) In my opinion, it would seem a bit more fitting to cover all profile information and banners, rather than the entire post. I would imagine that this might not be changable, but it just has an odd appearance that hits my eye pretty hard for some reason. If this is just triggering my OCD, then of course no changes necessary!

Last edited:
I like this. However, just as an inquiry to see a general opinion on this, but does this look a bit weird on longer/really longer posts? Such as, 4DR Members and Impostors, for example. (Edit: You could actually take the first post in this thread as an example as well.) In my opinion, it would seem a bit more fitting to cover all profile information and banners, rather than the entire post. I would imagine that this might not be changable, but it just has an odd appearance that hits my eye pretty hard for some reason. If this is just triggering my OCD, then of course no changes necessary!
I 100% agree it looks weird and have the same exact thoughts. Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s a way with this add-on we are using to make it only cover just the profile information. However, maybe it’s something that looks weird because it’s new and different and it’s something we get adapted to over time. :whistling:

The latest update on profile banners have somewhat addressed that issue. Curious however, how your awards, @Azula, are visible? Or, well, only 2 of them.

Hello everyone! Small bump:

Native emoji support is now on enabled on the forum! 😄🥵🤮👺😈💩 This means that you can use emojis on the forum from your phone or computer keyboard. Please don’t confuse emojis with smilies as they are different. Smilies exist and have existed on this forum since forever and parse when you type in the correct text. Emojis differ in the sense that they are part of your phone or computer operating system but support has allowed you to use them here now as well.

In terms of known issues, the Award system is acting up and looks atrocious on mobile, but this is known and a fix is being worked on. Happy hump day!

Last edited:
Ngl i don't really use emojies except for that laughing one:joy:

I won't lie, this is something I've been hoping for a while 😳👀 glad it's finally functional!

Renewed our XenForo license for another year of updates which means we are now up to date with all of XenForo's current official add-ons as well. I have also purchased and installed XenForo Enhanced Search which will allow for higher quality and faster search results around the forum. It's the little things to get excited about. ;)

A big thanks to all admins and financial supporters for their incredible work!! :)

Probably not a "feature" that most are happy to hear about, but advertisements have been enabled on the forum again. It helps bring in extra revenue for new features and keeps existing features up to date. They are responsive (meaning they scale to whatever your screen size is) and one sits at the top of the page and the other sits at the bottom. I don't like intrusive, annoying advertisements everywhere and prefer user experience (if there was a way to make extra money with no advertisements or garbage at all, believe me that I'd be all for it). With that being said, staff members as well as VIP Members, Premium Members, and Bronze Members will not see any advertisements as a perk of their membership.

Renewed our XenForo license for another year of updates which means we are now up to date with all of XenForo's current official add-ons as well. I have also purchased and installed XenForo Enhanced Search which will allow for higher quality and faster search results around the forum. It's the little things to get excited about. ;)

:D

Probably not a "feature" that most are happy to hear about, but advertisements have been enabled on the forum again. It helps bring in extra revenue for new features and keeps existing features up to date. They are responsive (meaning they scale to whatever your screen size is) and one sits at the top of the page and the other sits at the bottom. I don't like intrusive, annoying advertisements everywhere and prefer user experience (if there was a way to make extra money with no advertisements or garbage at all, believe me that I'd be all for it). With that being said, staff members as well as VIP Members, Premium Members, and Bronze Members will not see any advertisements as a perk of their membership.

:(

I have also purchased and installed XenForo Enhanced Search which will allow for higher quality and faster search results around the forum.
I've been meaing to raise hell about the search feature, because in a lot of cases where searching terms and keywords related to anything, or mario kart wii, often returned an error of the term being "too common". Which was beyond annoying. I haven't seen yet if this is still an existing issue, and I've forgotten which terms I've tried exactly, but it was definitely common (but USEFUL) terms used.

That explains why I have wii u adds on the main page :joy:

Is it possible to correct this visual glitch for the right sidebar on the forums list? It sometimes makes it difficult to check the latest posts tab on the forum.

Is it possible to correct this visual glitch for the right sidebar on the forums list? It sometimes makes it difficult to check the latest posts tab on the forum.

Should be fixed now!

Feature bump:

+ Profile visitors and most viewed profiles are a new feature we have available.

Whenever someone visits your profile, you will see a widget display in the sidebar of your profile that looks like the following:

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.07.28 PM.png

It will display the count as well as the usernames of the last 15 people who visited your profile. You can click the "Users who viewed your profile" tab to see more information about who has viewed your profile. This feature is similar to our old vBulletin forum and forums running that software in general, so I decided that we would port that feature over here. But wait, there's more! In order to give the proper token of appreciation to our most popular profiles here on the forum, there is a widget that displays on the sidebar of the main forum home page that will show you a list of the 5 most popular profiles currently. The widget looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.22.43 PM.png

It is worth mentioning that there is a "cool down" period for users visiting the same profile repeatedly. This means that just because you view my profile 900 times, it does not mean that it will count as 900 views to prevent abuse for obvious reasons.

Alright, small update (that's all that I really have left nowadays since most of the major kinks have been ironed out by now). If you are forum savvy, you would know that regular forum users have a black name by default on the forum. This was and is great when you have light styles, but we obviously have a combination of both light and dark styles. So on the "Modern Dark" style for example, you would end up having something like this:

full

It is certainly doable and readable if you really put some effort into it and want to possibly strain your eyes in the process, but we figured that there was probably a better way. That better way is changing forum member usernames to white only on the "Modern Dark" style so that way you can read usernames that were black before much more easily. You can see what that same post looks like now with the username in white:

full

Definitely much easier to read. We have done the same with the post bit information, so where it shows your message count, reaction score, clan, friend codes, etc... the names of those values will be in white (not the actual values themselves, those remain in grey as it didn't look good otherwise). We did not need to apply this same change to the "Blade Dark" style because while a dark style, it is more of a grey than it is a true black and so the black names are still readable on that style. If you disagree and want a change to be made there then please feel free to let me know.

Happy browsing and hopefully your eye health will be much better now! :p

Alright, small update (that's all that I really have left nowadays since most of the major kinks have been ironed out by now). If you are forum savvy, you would know that regular forum users have a black name by default on the forum. This was and is great when you have light styles, but we obviously have a combination of both light and dark styles. So on the "Modern Dark" style for example, you would end up having something like this:

full

It is certainly doable and readable if you really put some effort into it and want to possibly strain your eyes in the process, but we figured that there was probably a better way. That better way is changing forum member usernames to white only on the "Modern Dark" style so that way you can read usernames that were black before much more easily. You can see what that same post looks like now with the username in white:

full

Definitely much easier to read. We have done the same with the post bit information, so where it shows your message count, reaction score, clan, friend codes, etc... the names of those values will be in white (not the actual values themselves, those remain in grey as it didn't look good otherwise). We did not need to apply this same change to the "Blade Dark" style because while a dark style, it is more of a grey than it is a true black and so the black names are still readable on that style. If you disagree and want a change to be made there then please feel free to let me know.

Happy browsing and hopefully your eye health will be much better now! :p
Azula looks like she's angry for being used for testing purposes. Jokes aside, this is a cool update! Great work Zach! :D

The layout's finally stable on mobile devices...thanks a lot!
It was so troublesome to write posts before, especially copy-pasting.

Back