• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

What do you all think of 24 players in Mario Kart Wii? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

JackPuff

Triple Green Shells
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$4,941
FC
3399-0264-7102
Switch FC
SW-6346-8157-4604
Clan
No
Hi everyone :)
I’m back on the forums, but I am not considering joining again as a member yet
Just a quick question, what are you guys’ opinions on the upcoming 24 player mode in CTGP?
I think it is an example of just how much Mr Bean has broken Mario Kart Wii, considering the fact that he added 200cc, an early mission mode, item rain and more than 32 track slots in Mario Kart Wii all on console :eek:
I am very excited to play Baby Park, 200cc item rain with 24 players soon :joy:
Anyways, let me know what you think about this upcoming feature to CTGP :):)

24 player, 200cc, *item rain baby park

24 looks awesome! Im more of a time trialer myself so I dont expect to play it for quite a while but itll make for some fun videos to watch on youtube.

Hi everyone :)
I’m back on the forums, but I am not considering joining again as a member yet
Just a quick question, what are you guys’ opinions on the upcoming 24 player mode in CTGP?
I think it is an example of just how much Mr Bean has broken Mario Kart Wii, considering the fact that he added 200cc, an early mission mode, item rain and more than 32 track slots in Mario Kart Wii all on console :eek:
I am very excited to play Baby Park, 200cc item rain with 24 players soon :joy:
Anyways, let me know what you think about this upcoming feature to CTGP :):)
As a concept, it's pretty cool but there's a lot of things to dislike. For starters, Mario Kart Wii was clearly not scaled for 24 players and from what I've seen, that makes most races a glorified mish mash. Skilled or not, it doesn't matter because most wins are down to pulling good items. Again, from the gap in item usability, it's simply too easy to pull one good item and 3 people get a massive breakaway. I know Mario Kart is supposed to be chaotic, but 24 is a little too much, at least for Mario Kart Wii. In theory, playability levels out at around 40 players max, and I'm not setting that as my expectation. It's also very notable that 24 players is incredibly laggy, more than that on the Wii would be nyon impossible. In terms of sheer playability, 40 players is the threshold where consistency goes entirely out the window in Mario Kart Wii, and numbers THAT high would only be somewhat playable if the courses were scaled for that, and the item set and point distribution had it in mind. Mario Kart Wii has none of those things, MrBean's point distribution (in my opinion) could have been better, but again, that is merely my opinion, is VERY subject to change, and isn't a objective science by any stretch. However, the last thing, and biggest in my opinion I will mention, is the fact that this is a PAID feature. You have to PAY to play 24 player, a laggy, hard to play and heavily demanding mode that, I should mention, is VERY UNSTABLE TO RUN. Despite that, what MrBean35000vr did, I was impressed when he got a 13th player who's control was still linked to the player, but to take that small step and repeat it 11 more times, that should be revered in all of gaming history if you want my opinion. Sadly, as time is going on, it's starting to seem like CTGP is going in a direction of "look at this COOL thing I did" rather than "look at this GOOD thing I did". And, in a short description, MrBean is ripping people off for a buggy, mostly unfinished feature. I love and even admire what he has done with the Mario Kart Wii community, but despite that admiration for what he HAS done, the fact that it's paid is a disgusting and unneeded blemish on an otherwise immaculate modding resume. Maybe one day it will be free but I'm not giving him a cent just for that mode. It's going to take a LOT to make me consider paying him for it.

As a concept, it's pretty cool but there's a lot of things to dislike. For starters, Mario Kart Wii was clearly not scaled for 24 players and from what I've seen, that makes most races a glorified mish mash. Skilled or not, it doesn't matter because most wins are down to pulling good items. Again, from the gap in item usability, it's simply too easy to pull one good item and 3 people get a massive breakaway. I know Mario Kart is supposed to be chaotic, but 24 is a little too much, at least for Mario Kart Wii. In theory, playability levels out at around 40 players max, and I'm not setting that as my expectation. It's also very notable that 24 players is incredibly laggy, more than that on the Wii would be nyon impossible. In terms of sheer playability, 40 players is the threshold where consistency goes entirely out the window in Mario Kart Wii, and numbers THAT high would only be somewhat playable if the courses were scaled for that, and the item set and point distribution had it in mind. Mario Kart Wii has none of those things, MrBean's point distribution (in my opinion) could have been better, but again, that is merely my opinion, is VERY subject to change, and isn't a objective science by any stretch. However, the last thing, and biggest in my opinion I will mention, is the fact that this is a PAID feature. You have to PAY to play 24 player, a laggy, hard to play and heavily demanding mode that, I should mention, is VERY UNSTABLE TO RUN. Despite that, what MrBean35000vr did, I was impressed when he got a 13th player who's control was still linked to the player, but to take that small step and repeat it 11 more times, that should be revered in all of gaming history if you want my opinion. Sadly, as time is going on, it's starting to seem like CTGP is going in a direction of "look at this COOL thing I did" rather than "look at this GOOD thing I did". And, in a short description, MrBean is ripping people off for a buggy, mostly unfinished feature. I love and even admire what he has done with the Mario Kart Wii community, but despite that admiration for what he HAS done, the fact that it's paid is a disgusting and unneeded blemish on an otherwise immaculate modding resume. Maybe one day it will be free but I'm not giving him a cent just for that mode. It's going to take a LOT to make me consider paying him for it.
I understand what you're trying to say my man, but sadly, I disagree. I've played a fair share of 24 player online, and it's absolutely fun. Yes, it is a chaotic mess, but thats what MAKES it fun. And, 1. The lag doesn't happen THAT much, and 30 fps is not that bad at all. If the lag and 30 fps really did get in the way, then it wouldn't be fun, and you wouldn't catch people playing it. However, it doesn't. And 2, Many people have bought the 24 player beta and almost all of the people who have bought it have not been dissapointed at all. 3. If you really didn't buy it and play it yet, why make an opinion about it now? At least try the mode out, unless you have, then nevermind. I wanted to add more to this but I'm very tired. I understand your opinion and respect it, but again I don't agree with it.

It's still in beta so of course there's going to be issues. And that's probably a reason why it's a paid feature. Mr Bean has been working hard to implement this feature and it's far from perfect that's why it's not accessible to everyone. Also I would say it's more of a perk, 24 player rooms are fun and chaotic. Different way of playing the game and of course It will be free one day when Mr Bean is happy that there will be no bugs and you don't HAVE to pay for it

don't you just have to sub to him on twitch now. I also think that it is way to crowded and there should be a couple of track that are the only ones you can play 24 player on. Also, this is urelated, but one of his tests ended up with a phantom mario glitch. It's on his yt channel.

Back