• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,412
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
For those of you who don't know, Narcan is a drug that can help save someone's life if they've overdosed. It really is a miracle drug and has helped so many people out who overdosed. But it's becoming more readily available. A prescription is needed in most places, but I know that where I live, I can go to the pharmacy and no prescription is needed. It's going to be an over-the-counter drug that anyone can purchase if they so choose so. So this drug may seem like a great thing at the start. It's saving people's lives, and that's nice and all. But there's a bigger problem at hand... Drug overdosing is becoming an epidemic, more or less. And by giving people Narcan (which is what most paramedics will give someone if they're overdosing), or by allowing people to buy it themselves, we're essentially saying that it's completely fine to shoot up on Heroin because you can just save yourself with Narcan in the end. And then tax payers have to use all their money on treating people who have overdosed, because there won't be consequences in the end. Honestly, this may sound harsh, but we all make stupid decisions in life. So if someone shoots up and overdoses once, fine. Stupid decision by them, but I think they should be saved. It's when they become a habitual offender that I say you should just let them die. They clearly aren't going to change their ways and are going to keep overdosing. This wastes people's time, tax dollars, and medical professional's time by saving people who keep making stupid decisions. They could be spending time on someone going into cardiac arrest instead of people doing drugs because they thought it was cool at one point and now they're addicted. If you don't pay taxes (which I'm assuming most of you don't), it's probably easier to say "meh who cares?". But if you do, it's a much bigger problem. So what do you guys think about Narcan?

For those of you who don't know, Narcan is a drug that can help save someone's life if they've overdosed. It really is a miracle drug and has helped so many people out who overdosed. But it's becoming more readily available. A prescription is needed in most places, but I know that where I live, I can go to the pharmacy and no prescription is needed. It's going to be an over-the-counter drug that anyone can purchase if they so choose so. So this drug may seem like a great thing at the start. It's saving people's lives, and that's nice and all. But there's a bigger problem at hand... Drug overdosing is becoming an epidemic, more or less. And by giving people Narcan (which is what most paramedics will give someone if they're overdosing), or by allowing people to buy it themselves, we're essentially saying that it's completely fine to shoot up on Heroin because you can just save yourself with Narcan in the end. And then tax payers have to use all their money on treating people who have overdosed, because there won't be consequences in the end. Honestly, this may sound harsh, but we all make stupid decisions in life. So if someone shoots up and overdoses once, fine. Stupid decision by them, but I think they should be saved. It's when they become a habitual offender that I say you should just let them die. They clearly aren't going to change their ways and are going to keep overdosing. This wastes people's time, tax dollars, and medical professional's time by saving people who keep making stupid decisions. They could be spending time on someone going into cardiac arrest instead of people doing drugs because they thought it was cool at one point and now they're addicted. If you don't pay taxes (which I'm assuming most of you don't), it's probably easier to say "meh who cares?". But if you do, it's a much bigger problem. So what do you guys think about Narcan?

I think that drug abusers should only be able to be saved by Narcan like a maximum of three times. This is similar to games, where you have three lives. Although it's impossible to do this, this drug can make people reckless, since there's always a Narcan to save your life. Because if this drug, there's room for abuse, which is bad. People who are really sick and it's not their fault can use it as much as they want.

I think that drug abusers should only be able to be saved by Narcan like a maximum of three times. This is similar to games, where you have three lives. Although it's impossible to do this, this drug can make people reckless, since there's always a Narcan to save your life. Because if this drug, there's room for abuse, which is bad. People who are really sick and it's not their fault can use it as much as they want.
People who have a legitimate medical reason for using a drug or drug(s) are fine. It's the people who are all "wow ecstasy really makes me feel chill af" that need to maybe not.

People who have a legitimate medical reason for using a drug or drug(s) are fine. It's the people who are all "wow ecstasy really makes me feel chill af" that need to maybe not.

That's what I meant, but we should also give them like 2 chance to get saved by Narcan. And how can the government make a rule on separating abusers and the people who need it.?

That's what I meant, but we should also give them like 2 chance to get saved by Narcan. And how can the government make a rule on separating abusers and the people who need it.?
I still think one chance is plenty. And obviously the people who have it for medical reasons have a prescription whereas most people who are overdosing are buying drugs illegally. Of course, I'm sure people still find ways to abuse with medical prescriptions, but not giving people narcan if they don't have a prescription, after 1 drug overdose; seems like a good solution to me. The problem is that there's a bigger problem at hand. Drug overdosing is the big problem here, and we need to find a way to solve it... Not just put a band-aid over it and call it a day.

I still think one chance is plenty. And obviously the people who have it for medical reasons have a prescription whereas most people who are overdosing are buying drugs illegally. Of course, I'm sure people still find ways to abuse with medical prescriptions, but not giving people narcan if they don't have a prescription, after 1 drug overdose; seems like a good solution to me. The problem is that there's a bigger problem at hand. Drug overdosing is the big problem here, and we need to find a way to solve it... Not just put a band-aid over it and call it a day.

So if the government makes Narcan a prescription medicine, then the problem if solved right because people won't be able to abuse it that much anymore, and people who need it can benefit.

So if the government makes Narcan a prescription medicine, then the problem if solved right because people won't be able to abuse it that much anymore, and people who need it can benefit.
I mean that paramedics will be able to know if they should administer it or not based on whether or not it's a prescription. Of course, in a life or death situation, there isn't really time to do that. So I don't see my solution as being a feasible option, but it's something I'm putting out there anyway.

I mean that paramedics will be able to know if they should administer it or not based on whether or not it's a prescription. Of course, in a life or death situation, there isn't really time to do that. So I don't see my solution as being a feasible option, but it's something I'm putting out there anyway.

That's the hard part, but people shouldn't be able to buy it themselves without a prescription. Paramedics should be to use it on anyone.

Let people die that overdose; better off without them. I think it's stupid that I'll eventually be paying taxes for people who can't be responsible to not overdose on freaking drugs. BAHA I mean most overdoses occur because people are stupid not because it happened for a legit reason.

I think that it should be required for a prescription to be needed, in order to obtain narcan.

Drugs in general as well as alcohol and any type of smoking is just stupid. Even for medical use but I guess it's more juistifiable there.

Before I get into basics, I'm going to say that there are consequences with all options on the table here. If we make it illegal period, then how are we supposed to save lives for those who accidentally massively overdose on certain drugs? If we make it available by any means, people will find a way to get their own on hand and abuse it. If we make it available without a prescription, sure, we might have those who abuse it, but that means you are completely protected (in theory) from dying of overdose.

Personally, it's fine if they can get it without a prescription, but since I care (or will care within the next 12 months) about my tax dollars going to something useful, I don't want to waste my hard earned money on shitheads who will habitually use it just so they can have like 4 pounds of bath salts and whatnot and not die from it. I'm sorry, I have ZERO intentions of ever helping someone who overdoses on illegal drugs. It's not my fault you pumped 4 pounds of bath salts into you and you are on the brink of death. That is YOUR problem. If you wanted to do that, fine. I could care less. But don't make me waste my money that I want to use on stuff that I need to survive (not including drugs to get me high of course! :)) so do what you wanna do, and keep me out of killing yourself with those terrible substances.

Back