1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think will happen to Splatoon 1 when Splatoon 2 comes out?

Discussion in 'Splatoon General Discussion' started by Azula, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Azula

Azula And I’d do it over again VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Social Member

FC:
    1208-5912-7626
    Clan:
    4DR
    What do you predict will happen to Splatoon 1 in terms of activity when Splatoon 2 comes out? Do you think that Splatoon 2 will have no impact on the activity of Splatoon 1? Do you think it will decrease? Do you think it will decrease at first and then people will come back? Personally, I do think that the activity of Splatoon 1 will decrease as a result of Splatoon 2 being released. It's not like Splatoon 2 is a major overhaul of the game or anything. There's just some improvements and additions, so I'm not sure what people would have to complain about that would keep them on Splatoon 1 or make them return.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  2. Justin

Justin Splatoon Freak VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Social Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $39,524
    FC:
    1033-5565-9518
    NNID:
    EBJustin
    Clan:
    N/A
    Splatoon 2 will definitely decrease the activity of Splatoon 1. It's the same for all games; even if the previous game was much more popular and better than the succeeding game, it will still lose players because of those who have moved over and simply for the fact that once a new release comes out, people just drop the older game immediately and never re-visit it. It's just a known fact. But yeah, aside from this, I think there will be a noticeable loss in activity on Splatoon 1 once Splatoon 2 hits the shelves. Considering there is a spectator mode and nifty little changes, it will allow Splatoon 2 to potentially grow into a somewhat popular eSport. People will still play Splatoon 1, but the player-base will have definitely decreased to make way for the new game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonny

Jonny I kinda like you too VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $4,769
    FC:
    4472-7682-1316
    NNID:
    YourSmellySocks
    Switch FC:
    SW-4604-8159-9402
    Clan:
    4DR
    I reckon Splatoon 1 activity will take a sudden massive drop, as Splatoon 2 is a huge thing and most Splatoon 1 players are just going to move on to Splatoon 2 on or after its release.

4. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Veteran Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,183
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    Same as MKW when MK8 came. :(

5. Frost

Frost Prisoner of time VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Social Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $13,117
    FC:
    2411-1844-9418
    Switch FC:
    SW-6092-7378-5415
    My thoughts exactly, but I don't expect a huge huge impact.

6. $$_Rich_$$

$$_Rich_$$ Checkmate! VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member 4DR Veteran Member 4DR Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $41,183
    FC:
    3484-9248-7747
    Clan:
    4DR
    Yeah, but nevertheless, activity is gonna be less

7. Tim

Tim Jesus may walk on water, but I swim on land VIP Member Premium Member Bronze Member

4DR Swag Bucks:
    $138
    FC:
    0518-9005-9480
    NNID:
    King157-MK8
    Clan:
    4DR
    WOOOO SPLATOON 2 WOOOOO
    *Get's the Switch*
    Nintendo please refund me!

Never fear Nintendo fans, we'll make another console!

WOOOOO SPLATOON 3 WOOOOO
    *Get's the Switch U*

*repeats*

• Funny Funny x 1