What is your playing style? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

Keep playing my heartstrings faster and faster...
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$13,384
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
How do all of you play online? Are you completely casual? Do you hit people when you need to? Are you rather casual and target certain people who are a nuisance? Are you very aggressive and have no hesitation in hitting other people with your items? There's a lot of different playing styles when you think about it. And by all means, feel free to list your own if I didn't list it. :)

For me, I think I play rather casual but really target people who become a nuisance. I suspect that's the majority playing-style that a lot of people have, whether they want to admit it or not. ;)

Wolf

Triple Red Shells
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$-15
Clan
4DR
When I play mkwii, I have two sides. The agressive hard-core and the "I don't care if I lose." I'm really agressive when I'm in really good ww's and I'm not skyping or chatting anybody; I'm listening to music. The "I don't care if I lose" is normally how I am when I play. I don't really target anybody, unless I've noticed the same person is trolling me, then I target them.

Reactions: Zachy

Zexous

Triple Bananas
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$20
I'm still super competitive, but i try to have fun in casual WW's. I usually have more fun when everyone's skype calling. But that's just my preference. If there's no skype call then my music goes on blast.

Reactions: Wolf and Zachy
OP
Zachy

Zachy

Keep playing my heartstrings faster and faster...
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$13,384
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR

Alexander

Luigi time!
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$19,852
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
Using my internet, in reply to the title of the thread! :D

Sandy Marie

✿ڿڰۣ—
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$825
Well, I do not usually hit wanting, although it is sometimes necessary to do so, but it becomes a problem when they are friends, sometimes I have articles and do not use them if it means beating someone I do not want -_- xD Almost always play for fun and I rarely care about vr :)

Reactions: Wolf

elgug

Big and purple!!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$4,444
Doesn't really mater if anyone I hit is from 4DR/friend.. or not. There's a reason why Items got implemented.

Last edited:

Alexander

Luigi time!
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$19,852
FC
2924-4388-5200
NNID
DarkVeaz
Switch FC
SW-0668-0927-2585
In all seriousness, I play for fun. I dislike wws that are only filled with Funkies, not my cup of tea. :p

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,650
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
I usually play defense. As long as I'm in a top spot, I will just back spam. Occasionally shoot reds, if I have bananas or greens to protect my back.

Timo

Gifted
Premium forum user
4DR member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,669
FC
3871-4732-7262
NNID
None
Switch FC
None
Clan
4DR
I just play and target anyone with my items to get a win. I will risk anything. So I guess I'm trying to say that I'm competitive. :)

Last edited:

DarkPro

Take a walk on the wild side
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Hall of Fame
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$807
I want to say that I always play for fun, but that's a lie. Big lie. GIGANTIC LIE.

Okay, now to the point. Yes, I play for fun sometimes, but I'm competitive when I need to be. Room full of funkies? I'll get into the action. 4DR room? Okay, I'll lay off the hits. I don't expect to team all the time but sometimes it stuns me when a 4DR member hits me but I realize that not everybody teams nor wants to team, and that's okay with me. But anyways, yeah, I do both really.

amaya

Don't wanna be your monkey wrench
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$20,374
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
Clan
4DR
I used to never use my items at all, but I tend to backspam a lot (which might make me aggressive???) Either way, I try to outline everyone else in wws. :p

~Jonny~

Green Shell
4DR swag bucks
$130
FC
0989-9133-6955
Clan
4DR
I usually take advantage of the items in the lower places to get to a higher place value towards the end because front-running never turns out well for me unless it's 2-4 players in a room. I'm the kind of guy that will curse out loud at random times whenever I bump into a wall, fall off, or get hit by an item. Or even when I'm doing fine, I just worry. Not sure if that makes me competitive. :p

Mariofan13

Fake Item Box
4DR swag bucks
$10
FC
2795-5285-8184
NNID
Mariofan13
Sometimes I try to frontrun, sometimes I prefer sandbagging, for example on Luigi Circuit or Mario Raceway.
I don't realy care about who gets hit by my items, altough when plaaying with friends, I sometimes only target them instead of other racers to make them a bit salty.
I'm trying to give my best in every racey I don't make differences between “casual WWs“ and “competitive (room) races“.

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,650
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
Sometimes I try to frontrun, sometimes I prefer sandbagging, for example on Luigi Circuit or Mario Raceway.
I don't realy care about who gets hit by my items, altough when plaaying with friends, I sometimes only target them instead of other racers to make them a bit salty.
I'm trying to give my best in every racey I don't make differences between “casual WWs“ and “competitive (room) races“.

I give my best in all. I like Mario raceway because I use the :cool: Golden Mushroom Style :cool: