• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

What should i get? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Fergus

Red Shell
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$3,539
FC
0693-1977-6539
Clan
4DR
I've been thinking about getting a switch for a while, but I want your opinion. Should I get one? Should it be brand new or used. What games should I get. Will the switch be good in August?

Splatoon 2

Splatoon freak, it does look pretty fun.

gouitrhnoghjtri

Banana
VIP forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$4,814
  • Deleted by gouitrhnoghjtri
When I buy consoles, I always buy brand new because I know 100% there's nothing wrong (although I never bought used consoles before, I rather want to be on the safe side). If you really like Super Smash Bros and it gets you hyped up, I would definitely go for Smash Ultimate. I'm planning to get that game as well (with many other games I want lol) and I heard it's a really great game. When I bought my Switch 2 years ago I wanted to buy Breath of the Wild because it got me really hyped up because I like Zelda games. And I was right, the game truly amazed me and I have no regrets buying the game and Switch. Right now I have a few other Switch games I own, but I plan to get more in the future.

The Nintendo Switch is a great console and I enjoy playing on it and I'm looking forward to playing Smash Ultimate when I get the game soon!

I don't like playing smash but I love BoTW and Splatoon 2 seems pretty cool.

Buy it brand new. You know you're getting a quality product then. I would get BoTW (unless you already have it on Wii U), Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Splatoon 2 and/or Hollow Knight (indie game only in eshop)

Always go for a brand-new device, when the production isn't about to discontinue or already discontinued.
Except, you want to gather a homebrew-able revision and you're aware of possible defects and even scams. (Which is not profitable anyway, since Nintendo is still in their banning phase.)

The new revision of the Switch will release in Summer 2019, so if you're patient enough you could get a newer device for estimated under $300 (single pack, no games/bundle).
Don't forget to buy accessories for your console, such as a screen protector and a suitable case for secure and easier carrying.

It also depends on your likings, what kind of genres do you prefer? JRPGs? Action titles? Or anything else? The EShop has a Top Charts list of the best games available on Switch, new releases and suggestions. Most of the indie and smaller games cost under 20 dollars, original Switch titles cost more than $50, but there are often sales, like in this weeks for example.
"Must-haves" like MK8DX, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (yeah, you don't like it, smfh) and LoZ: Breath of the Wild are often played in our clan and you can also orientate on the opinions, suggestions and experiences of your colleagues.

Last edited:
@Dokan.
My birthday is in the end of the summer so considering the new switch could be a good idea depending on the new features. I would also want to see the new price of the original switch to see how much it would drop (I don't have a budget yet and I also want other stuff for my birthday). For me, I would want to get Splatoon 2 because I haven't played it, but it looks fun. Even though I have BoTW; I would want to get it again because a great exploring/time killing game. I haven't really gotten back into MK8:expressionless:.
haha:laughing:, maybe I'll try Smash Ultimate, I just usually button smash; that's why I dont like it.

By the way, if I were to get 2-3 accessories; which ones should I get?

Back