• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

What would Mario Kart 8 be like if Nintendo WFC were still alive? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,374
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I think this has to do more with Mario Kart 8 than Mario Kart Wii. If Nintendo WFC were still alive, what would Mario Kart 8 be like? Would not as many people be playing Mario Kart 8 because Mario Kart Wii is still alive? Would there be the same amount of activity as there is now? Would people escape to a different game? Personally, I feel like Mario Kart 7 would see an increase in activity. I think that hackers would completely overtake Nintendo WFC and make people want to play a different game. That leaves Mario Kart 8 as a great opportunity for that. But, there are multiple complaints that people can make about Mario Kart 8, mainly to do with the item system. I think that turns people off as well. Therefore, I feel like people would escape to Mario Kart 7. What do you guys think?

lmao it would be dead because it sucks

Would be the same. WFC has no significant effect on Mario Kart 8.

People would play MK8
some would stay with it
some would go back to the NWFC
it wouldn't make nearly as many sales as what actually happened with the NWFC shutdown

People would play it less because since the MK8 sales were so bad at the start, they decided to kill WFC. Then the sales when up. Therefore MKW Is its biggest competition.

I don't get why you people dislike Mario Kart 8 so much. No offense, but every single time there is a thread about it, Skitty's reaction is like "It sucks lmao" or something like that. It's not like you could make a better game. Just chill and give Nintendo some respect.

I don't get why you people dislike Mario Kart 8 so much. No offense, but every single time there is a thread about it, Skitty's reaction is like "It sucks lmao" or something like that. It's not like you could make a better game. Just chill and give Nintendo some respect.

That's because most people blame MK8 for MKW's downfall

Even though I dislike MK8, I still respect it. :)

how about you get over the fact some of us have different opinions to you?
I've played MK8 long enough to know I don't like it, and I don't give Nintendo any slack because they only made the game WORSE with there updates, in my opinion.

how about you get over the fact some of us have different opinions to you?
I've played MK8 long enough to know I don't like it, and I don't give Nintendo any slack because they only made the game WORSE with there updates, in my opinion.
How about you get over the fact that Mario Kart 8 is a good game?

It's all based on opinion. Some people like the game, some people don't. Some people don't understand why people dislike the game so much, and others don't understand why people praise the game so much. No one is wrong because it's all opinion.

It's all based on opinion. Some people like the game, some people don't. Some people don't understand why people dislike the game so much, and others don't understand why people praise the game so much. No one is wrong because it's all opinion.

And I also would like to add, that even if you don't understand someone, we should respect all. :)

Dual-Play I'd say - Some are on MK8 online and some are on MKW ... But why 2 different servers then? lol

And HOW ABOUT GET over the fact that I am entitled to my opinion, and that you can't justify my own thoughts, no matter what evidence you provide.

Mk8 would have alot less people who are good, it would be all noobs with 3k vr. either that or it would be totally dead.

mk8 would have like 4 active players because it sucks

I know I'm coming in late for this, but I would rather not see drama going on all because Skitty said that the game sucks. If you have issues about that, it would be much better to keep it out of this thread.

Personally (without reading/skimming a majority of the replies because I'm short on time and to avoid posts that could potentially sway my thoughts a little), I believe if WFC were still around, some people would still be on it and wouldn't be on MK8. The servers being discontinued convinced a lot of people (even those who knew about the Wiimmfi server possibility) to quit MKW and either move on to MK8, or quit the franchise as a whole. Some of these people moved on from MKW just because of WFC ending and don't want to return. Some don't even know about the servers because they thought it was officially done and never got word. So yes, the population on MK8 would be a little less if WFC was still around, but not heavily effected; only to a certain extent.

Personally (without reading/skimming a majority of the replies because I'm short on time and to avoid posts that could potentially sway my thoughts a little), I believe if WFC were still around, some people would still be on it and wouldn't be on MK8. The servers being discontinued convinced a lot of people (even those who knew about the Wiimmfi server possibility) to quit MKW and either move on to MK8, or quit the franchise as a whole. Some of these people moved on from MKW just because of WFC ending and don't want to return. Some don't even know about the servers because they thought it was officially done and never got word. So yes, the population on MK8 would be a little less if WFC was still around, but not heavily effected; only to a certain extent.

That's a good idea. I didn't even discover wiimmfi myself. I told my mom that MKW was shutdown and she found out about wiimmfi.

Back