What would Nintendo WFC be like if it were alive today? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

Keep playing my heartstrings faster and faster...
Forum staff
Technology forum administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$11,823
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
This was a question I was pondering and I was curious to hear what you guys think. It's still saddening that Nintendo WFC was terminated if you ask me. Nintendo WFC was much bigger, there were less trolls (technically not really, but since Nintendo WFC was so big, everything was pretty spread out), and people weren't constantly breathing down your neck because it wasn't so easy to find the same people over and over again like you do on Wiimmfi. So what would Nintendo WFC be like if it were alive today? Honestly, I think that a lot of people would have quit by now. The people remaining would probably resort to playing in friend rooms or playing CTGP. Maybe there are some brave souls who play in WWs still. The reason I say this is because a couple months up to the shutdown, hacking was getting really bad. People were making very malicious codes and surely they would get released to a majority of hackers, meaning that most WWs would probably get frozen, DCd, blackscreened, or whatever other inventions would have been made by now. Essentially, I think that hackers would have really ruined it. What do you guys think?

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,645
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
Everyone would still be hacking. I would use invincibility codes to protect myself. It would be really chaotic. Maybe there would still be the anti hack.

OP
Zachy

Zachy

Forum staff
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$11,823
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Everyone would still be hacking. I would use invincibility codes to protect myself. It would be really chaotic. Maybe there would still be the anti hack.
I didn't think of that. If the anti-cheat system by Bean were in play, I think that would be a game changer.

Rachy

Sylveon is the best.
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR social member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$46,918
FC
0134-8501-1281
Switch FC
SW-1492-0752-5714
Clan
N/A
Then, use 4DR region :tox:

Wifisfuneral

KING WEEF
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$10
Clan
υτ
I feel as if, obviously, there would be thousands of more players and hundreds of more clans. Not gonna lie, I would probably still use hacks every now and then, but I would still do legit ww's and clan wars. It's hard to tell if the community would be better in terms of people being nicer, though, because I could see how the community could improve but also get worse at the same time. It's a good question Zach, but it's quite tough to answer honestly. Anything could happen if WFC was back/never shut down. :p

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,645
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
I feel as if, obviously, there would be thousands of more players and hundreds of more clans. Not gonna lie, I would probably still use hacks every now and then, but I would still do legit ww's and clan wars. It's hard to tell if the community would be better in terms of people being nicer, though, because I could see how the community could improve but also get worse at the same time. It's a good question Zach, but it's quite tough to answer honestly. Anything could happen if WFC was back/never shut down. :p

Yep, that's why I want WFC to be back.

amaya

We are the children no one wants
Forum staff
4DR leader
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,820
FC
1808-0739-4570
NNID
SonicPro
Switch FC
SW-1469-9895-1872
Clan
4DR
Mario Kart Wii with NWFC? More like Mario Hacking Wii

Wolf

Triple Red Shells
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$-5
Clan
4DR
Tons more people; tons more hackers. And I wouldn't have to wait a week for a new stupid console.

Jason

'13-'17 - 4DR
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$1,091
it would be worse then how Wiimmfi is right now, honestly

OP
Zachy

Zachy

Forum staff
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$11,823
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR

Jason

'13-'17 - 4DR
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$1,091
Why do you say that?
No hacker protection, they can't get banned on NWFC, and 20102 was already bypassed.
Who knows what codes could've been made now if hacking was still a thing you could do without getting banned in WWs

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,645
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
No hacker protection, they can't get banned on NWFC, and 20102 was already bypassed.
Who knows what codes could've been made now if hacking was still a thing you could do without getting banned in WWs

It would be chaotic. It would still be interesting though.

OP
Zachy

Zachy

Forum staff
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$11,823
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
True, but Wolf also brought up a great point:
Tons more people
With more hackers, there would be more people to more or less keep everything balanced (more in the legit favor actually). Although, I'm sure there would still be plenty of hackers.

Jason

'13-'17 - 4DR
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$1,091
True, but Wolf also brought up a great point:

With more hackers, there would be more people to more or less keep everything balanced (more in the legit favor actually). Although, I'm sure there would still be plenty of hackers.
That's true, but I'm sure the hackers would kill rooms faster then ever before... I could be wrong though, :p