• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

What's one aspect of MKW that is boring/stays the same for you? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,374
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
A lot of people say that Mario Kart Wii gets boring after time, and they need to stop playing for a little while to generate their interest for the game again. Personally speaking, I never get bored of the game. But, I do have to say... the one thing that stays constant (especially on a smaller server like Wiimmfi) are the people that you play. It gets old playing the same people over and over again. I mean I don't get bored from it at all or anything, but it's not necessarily exciting either lol. What bores you guys and/or stays constant?

Really nothing bores me but maybe the only thing is people that play the game Inappropriately once and again without stopping.

Battles are quite boring, unless the room has 8-12 players. ;)

In MKW, I remember time trials being boring. You just go around in circles with no real competition, just a ghost. Having to play offline GPs just for characters and karts was extremely tedious, but that was probably because I was a child with a low attention span. However, as an MK8 player, I can tell you after 2 years of the game's release that when you play it every single day the whole game bores me to death.

Really nothing bores me but maybe the only thing is people that play the game Inappropriately once and again without stopping.
Absolutely! Really sad that people are like that.
Battles are quite boring, unless the room has 8-12 players. ;)
Wow, I'm the opposite there. I hate larger battles. I like 5-6 players maximum.
In MKW, I remember time trials being boring. You just go around in circles with no real competition, just a ghost. Having to play offline GPs just for characters and karts was extremely tedious, but that was probably because I was a child with a low attention span. However, as an MK8 player, I can tell you after 2 years of the game's release that when you play it every single day the whole game bores me to death.
I never understood the hype of time trials either, but to each their own. Playing offline to unlock everything was really boring too I remember. I just wanted to play online with everything.

Wow, I'm the opposite there. I hate larger battles. I like 5-6 players maximum.

Because there's more chance to win balloons battles in bigger rooms, rather than the same person hitting you again and again. It's also more chaotic in bigger rooms

Because there's more chance to win balloons battles in bigger rooms, rather than the same person hitting you again and again. It's also more chaotic in bigger rooms
I wouldn't say that you have a bigger chance of winning in balloon battles. I'd say the odds are the same in even a 1v1 battle. The problem is that sure, while you have more targets to hit in a bigger room, that also works against you. There are more people that consider you a target as well, which means that you'll be getting hit a lot more often than you would in a smaller battle.

I wouldn't say that you have a bigger chance of winning in balloon battles. I'd say the odds are the same in even a 1v1 battle. The problem is that sure, while you have more targets to hit in a bigger room, that also works against you. There are more people that consider you a target as well, which means that you'll be getting hit a lot more often than you would in a smaller battle.

You can't hide in a balloon battle, while you can hide in a coin battle in certain tracks.

You can't hide in a balloon battle, while you can hide in a coin battle in certain tracks.
Balloon is the same as coin. You can run and hide in both modes. Obviously if both people in a 1v1 balloon battle are running away from each other, they're both going to have to accept a tie. But if you're on any stage aside from Cookie Land, it's possible to hide in both modes. This is why if you do a WW battle, you'll see that Cookie Land is voted by the majority nearly every time; because there's no running and hiding. That's what I hate most about the current people who play battles. They just run and hide instead of using their items for defense... it's so boring. Cookie Land removes most of that running and hiding luckily though.

Balloon is the same as coin. You can run and hide in both modes. Obviously if both people in a 1v1 balloon battle are running away from each other, they're both going to have to accept a tie. But if you're on any stage aside from Cookie Land, it's possible to hide in both modes. This is why if you do a WW battle, you'll see that Cookie Land is voted by the majority nearly every time; because there's no running and hiding. That's what I hate most about the current people who play battles. They just run and hide instead of using their items for defense... it's so boring. Cookie Land removes most of that running and hiding luckily though.

Those are only applicable for 1vs1, but for bigger rooms, everything is different.

Those are only applicable for 1vs1, but for bigger rooms, everything is different.
I still don't get your point from above though. You say that you have more chances of winning in a bigger battle, but you usually get hit more?

I still don't get your point from above though. You say that you have more chances of winning in a bigger battle, but you usually get hit more?
You have a bigger chance of winning in big rooms because it's more luck-reliant because there are more people to hit and because of the item wheel. You may get hit more, but you can camp or hide in the corners and ambush people.

You have a bigger chance of winning in big rooms because it's more luck-reliant because there are more people to hit and because of the item wheel. You may get hit more, but you can camp or hide in the corners and ambush people.
Right, but you have to again remember that more people to hit also works against you. ;)

Right, but you have to again remember that more people to hit also works against you. ;)

That's the only downside, but it can be countered in tracks such as twilight house, where you can hide at the corner and stay on the item box. While all your enemies are focusing on your teammates, you can keep on throwing useless item, and when you can a good item such as a mega/star/triple reds. That's when you attack

That's the only downside, but it can be countered in tracks such as twilight house, where you can hide at the corner and stay on the item box. While all your enemies are focusing on your teammates, you can keep on throwing useless item, and when you can a good item such as a mega/star/triple reds. That's when you attack
Twilight House is much easier to hide and run with all the walls and everything, but it certainly isn't impossible to hit people on that stage, even when they're hiding in the corner.

Twilight House is much easier to hide and run with all the walls and everything, but it certainly isn't impossible to hit people on that stage, even when they're hiding in the corner.

Yes, but if it's a big room, then people would most likely attack the people in the center rather than drive all the way to one corner, knowing that the person hiding would already notice you going after them, and would most likely have some items ready.

Yes, but if it's a big room, then people would most likely attack the people in the center rather than drive all the way to one corner, knowing that the person hiding would already notice you going after them, and would most likely have some items ready.
It's pretty easy to throw a red shell or bomb to the corner if you can spare it. It happens rather frequently.

It's pretty easy to throw a red shell or bomb to the corner if you can spare it. It happens rather frequently.

Yes, but people would usually attack the people in the center, so hiding will protect your from those direct confrontations, but you can still get bombed, or redded. This can be remedied by 2 examples. 1.) You can suicide once you know that the red is gonna hit you. The bomb ambush is unavoidable and is a weakness of the hide-in-the-corner-plan. 2.) You can see someone coming near you if you're in the corner, so you can opt to leave your hideout and run.

Yes, but people would usually attack the people in the center, so hiding will protect your from those direct confrontations, but you can still get bombed, or redded. This can be remedied by 2 examples. 1.) You can suicide once you know that the red is gonna hit you. The bomb ambush is unavoidable and is a weakness of the hide-in-the-corner-plan. 2.) You can see someone coming near you if you're in the corner, so you can opt to leave your hideout and run.
Falling off isn't optimal as if you fall off enough times, you can lose points and it's easier for you others to pop all three of your ballooms out since each time you fall off, you lose a balloon. And obviously, if it's coin runners, you lose half your coins when you fall off.

NWFC - seeing GV glitchers a lot
Wiimmfi - finding the same people all the time

Back