• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Why do you prefer or don't prefer the wii wheel? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Fergus

Red Shell
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$3,539
FC
0693-1977-6539
Clan
4DR
I don't like the wii wheel because the motion controls don't work well, it almost makes me feel like I'm not fully in control.

The motion controls work well for their purpose and are great but are extremely difficult to master and thats why I dont like them

It's stupid

in all seriousness. It was a great idea they had. I just don't think it's the best for competitive play as getting chain wheelies seems more difficult. A lot of the strats as well require rapid inputs which really put the wheel at a disadvantage.

All that really makes me appreciate and respect Wii wheelers like Mr. BIG BAD ADAM @Adam

I have played Wii Wheel for 3 years and as I swapped with a GCN controller, I realized that you can steer even tighter than the Wheel, you can make stunts in any direction you want and you don't have to demolish the poor, little "2" button on your Wiimote.

Still, my hat's off to anyone that can make a go of it, successfully of course.

I prefer Wii Wheel because it's how I've been playing MKW for the last 8 years, so I'm already used to it, and playing the game without motion controls is unnatural to me at this point :p
I tried using GCN controller for a while but I just can't get the hang of it. And Wii Wheel makes the experience a bit more immersive in my opinion.

Wii wheel hate me, you can ask @Alexander for about what happen in 1v1 wii wheel only before :joy:

But yeah, I used to play Wii wheel for like 2 years until I changed it to wiimote and nunchuck in 2011 because I feel like nunchuck fits perfectly for me. Motion controls is difficult imo.

I like the wii wheel because nunchuck is really confusing to me (I always played wii wheel my whole life) and I dont have any other controller. I might try nunchuck again though.

I used the Wii Wheel before but it's way different than using the GCN controller to me. I'm just more comfortable with the GCN controller.

I prefer the Wii wheel only when I drive on 100ccm with automatic controls, because I can't drift at 100ccm
lol

I hate the Wii Wheel because it’s weird and unstrategic to use.

I don't like the wii wheel because the motion controls don't work well, it almost makes me feel like I'm not fully in control.
I only don’t prefer the Wii Wheel for these reasons:
1. The wheel isn’t as accurate on turning tight turns.
2. It sucks for wall clipping because you can go completely straight with a nunchuck or a gamecube remote, but the wheel is really shaky since you holding it.
3. I prefer using a nunchuck because using and holding power ups is much easier.

Do I even need to explain?

I don't like the Wii wheel because of the motion controls, and I don't feel like I'm in full control when using it

controller just feels outright weird for me in my hands, makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. when I was younger, this wasn't the case, because i used to use it all the time. nowadays, I use the classic controller pro. although, I have great respect for anyone good who uses it.

controller just feels outright weird for me in my hands, makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. when I was younger, this wasn't the case, because i used to use it all the time. nowadays, I use the classic controller pro. although, I have great respect for anyone good who uses it.
I used to use Wii wheel when I was younger, then I switched to Wiimote + Nunchuk, now I use CCPro

Imo wii wheel has always just felt so inaccurate compared to controller and this kinda reflects in how many WR it owns

I have a Wii Wheel, Jetsetter account.

Using the Wii Wheel requires a lot of practise. It's not a bad controller per say, you just need a lot of experience with it.

Back