• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Why do you think a white line was added to represent CTGP users? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,412
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
This is something that I have always wondered about. Why do you guys think they needed to have a special line color represent CTGP users? And why white? I just see no purpose of identifying a person as a CTGP user, other than to brag (or look stupid, depending on how you feel about CTGP). And why did they use a white line color, which is supposed to represent the region of China? I mean granted, there surely aren't a ton of Chinese people that play MKW (which would be my guess as to why they chose that color in the first place), but why couldn't they create their own color or something (I mean Mr. Bean was smart enough to code the whole thing with the help of his brother, so couldn't they have created a new line color for people to use? I hunk it would look color that way, and possibly even convince more people to use CTGP because of the new and different line color). Of course, this is all hypothetical because I know line color isn't on the top of the list (more like it's not even on the list) of development things to do for CTGP.

It's been added from 2 or 3 years ago. I didn't noticed they added white line to CTGP, but I think someone told me Bean messed up from adding the wrong region color line or something, but people liked it, so I don't know why.

Of what I remember, it's main purpose was to create Countdown modes region

I know why!!

White looks cleaner, so because of the anti-cheat. They are clean, that's why it's color white. ;)

Maybe they were planning to make it already.
The idea of it came in Nov 2014 but y never know
I just remember it being due to countdown mode that he changed the games master code to switch to white line

People have custom tracks from all over the world, just like white light has all the colors!

If they were to make a different line colour only CTGP users would see it as it would be a StaticR.rel mod.

If they were to make a different line colour only CTGP users would see it as it would be a StaticR.rel mod.
Well I'm sure that a method could be used so that everyone can see the line color, considering their (MrBean and Chadderz) talents.

Well I'm sure that a method could be used so that everyone can see the line color, considering their (MrBean and Chadderz) talents.
But staticr.rel only displays on your screen :s
I know there's some thread on FWH he said how he did it but idr which one

But staticr.rel only displays on your screen :s
I know there's some thread on FWH he said how he did it but idr which one
Well yes, Staticr.Rel only does apply on your screen. I'm saying that if they were such good developers that they could make MKW codes and make a whole Custom Track distribution with features- they couldn't have figured out how to make a separate line color that everyone could see? I mean I highly doubt that.

Well yes, Staticr.Rel only does apply on your screen. I'm saying that if they were such good developers that they could make MKW codes and make a whole Custom Track distribution with features- they couldn't have figured out how to make a separate line color that everyone could see? I mean I highly doubt that.
You have great timing actually

I'm aware that once Bean is done making the TT thing, he's next thing is "black line"
This is happening cuz I made someone we all know realize that it's possible to fake White Line, and thus that ruined security of CSL and so there was chaos over what to do lol, so it's possible that black line, a color that's not in the game normally can appear.

Whether or not ISO users can see it, I don't know.

You have great timing actually

I'm aware that once Bean is done making the TT thing, he's next thing is "black line"
This is happening cuz I made someone we all know realize that it's possible to fake White Line, and thus that ruined security of CSL and so there was chaos over what to do lol, so it's possible that black line, a color that's not in the game normally can appear.

Whether or not ISO users can see it, I don't know.
Now that's what I'm talking about! That's great news for pretty much everyone.

Its for CTWW, because CTWW replaces regional, you need to be in the "CTWW Region" to access CTWW, if you had your country, it would take you to the country regional instead

Its for CTWW, because CTWW replaces regional, you need to be in the "CTWW Region" to access CTWW, if you had your country, it would take you to the country regional instead
Yeah I understand what it is, I guess my main question is why couldn't they have chosen a different line color? I mean yeah, China isn't really a region where there's a ton of MKW players, but I thought they could've still at least used a different line color.

Yeah I understand what it is, I guess my main question is why couldn't they have chosen a different line color? I mean yeah, China isn't really a region where there's a ton of MKW players, but I thought they could've still at least used a different line color.
They didn't have to choose a line colour to begin with.

Yeah, That i dont know. Infact, i asked bean about that very thing the other day, and he said

On 2016-04-30, at 1:09 PM, Robert wrote:
> I have plans for region lines, but they're large so have to wait.

So we'll see

Yeah, That i dont know. Infact, i asked bean about that very thing the other day, and he said

On 2016-04-30, at 1:09 PM, Robert wrote:
> I have plans for region lines, but they're large so have to wait.

So we'll see
That's pretty neat actually! We'll have to see what happens. :D

Back