• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Why is it easier to use smaller characters in battle? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,412
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
Assuming you don't play battles only two times a month (or even less), you would know that using smaller characters is like the Funky Kong of battles. This is true in terms of smaller characters being overused, not that using smaller characters gives you any type of statistics boost (or at least I don't think so). I've always used small characters when playing battle, and many other good battlers do as well. But even though I know all of this, I could never explain to you why that's the case. Do you guys have any reasons as to why this is? My only guess is that because your smaller, it makes you think that you can avoid traps easier than larger characters. But I'm not so sure, so I'm interested to hear what you guys think. :thumbsup:

Smaller characters can dodge better. There is a less surface area for the projectile, such as a banana or a shell, to hit the character. You can also handle yourself better in tight situation. Basically, the less surface area, the less chance of you getting hit. :)

I'm good at science, that's why. :p

What's been said before. Much more control, drift, and ability to maneuver on a course on a small character than a medium or large. In battle, speed is no longer important; it's not how fast you can be that increases your chances to hit someones, but how skillful you are to turn and dodge. Small characters do that the best. One of the biggest reasons people don't use tiny characters is the issue of getting bumped. In battle, it's very rare for you to get bumped or pushed into something that fucks you up. You're not trying to obtain a place or speed, you're just hitting people; nothing happens. Small characters are better in battle not for logical reasons, but for aesthetics as well. They're cute, they're small, and they have a place in battle because they hardly have a place in races where everyone uses flame or mach bike.

What's been said before. Much more control, drift, and ability to maneuver on a course on a small character than a medium or large. In battle, speed is no longer important; it's not how fast you can be that increases your chances to hit someones, but how skillful you are to turn and dodge. Small characters do that the best. One of the biggest reasons people don't use tiny characters is the issue of getting bumped. In battle, it's very rare for you to get bumped or pushed into something that fucks you up. You're not trying to obtain a place or speed, you're just hitting people; nothing happens. Small characters are better in battle not for logical reasons, but for aesthetics as well. They're cute, they're small, and they have a place in battle because they hardly have a place in races where everyone uses flame or mach bike.
Wow. Good explaination and things I didn't even think about. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Using a small character has the advantage that it is more easier to scroll through the tracks battle. :)

Drift is definitely a factor, also, it's just a pain in the ass to be a fatass in battle (or at all for that matter lmao)

Back