• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Will you miss Wii Shop Channel? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rachy

Sylveon is the best.
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$47,837
FC
0134-8501-1281
Switch FC
SW-1492-0752-5714
Clan
N/A
Reminder: Wii Shop Channel closes Thursday, 31st January, 2019 at 06:00 UK time

As Nintendo announced above about Wii Shop Channel, which will be closed on January 31st, 2019 at 6:00 AM GMT. I remember that I used that channel on my old Wii (which I don't have my old console anymore, unfortunate!) to play some games like Pokemon Rumble from years ago. To be honest, I'll miss this channel that I like some games I've bought from the channel. Will you miss Wii Shop Channel? And have you used it before?

I honestly won’t miss it. It was a good idea, but the way you bought the games on it was kind of cliche in my opinion. It would’ve worked better for me on a console with a touch screen.

I will miss it :sob:

I never used it, so I wont miss it.
Plus you can access most of the same games on the WiiU eShop? so I dont see the huge lose in this.

I never used it, so I wont miss it.
Plus you can access most of the same games on the WiiU eShop? so I dont see the huge lose in this.
But what about any WiiWare game like Pokemon Rumble? I'm not sure if Wii U still have them that I haven't checked it yet.

But what about any WiiWare game like Pokemon Rumble? I'm not sure if Wii U still have them that I haven't checked it yet.

Nintendo Switch eShop maybe soon??
But honestly that'll be one of the idk how many lost games forever then

There's a couple titles exclusive to Wii Shop that will no longer be available because of it, so hopefully those titles will get a port to the Switch. Outside of that, I'll just miss the old days of looking through the Wii Shop Channel back in 2010 and begging my mom to use her credit card to buy me games on there loool

:sweat::sweat::sweat:Didn’t realize it was so close

Also, what’ll happen to the Non-CTGP Wiimmfi method that uses the Wii Shop Channel?

:sweat::sweat::sweat:Didn’t realize it was so close

Also, what’ll happen to the Non-CTGP Wiimmfi method that uses the Wii Shop Channel?
I'm pretty sure there's another way to get access to Wiimmfi without CTGP or SD card if they close Wii Shop Channel.

I Will Miss It :worried:
We Had Some Great Times!:sob:

There's a couple titles exclusive to Wii Shop that will no longer be available because of it, so hopefully those titles will get a port to the Switch. Outside of that, I'll just miss the old days of looking through the Wii Shop Channel back in 2010 and begging my mom to use her credit card to buy me games on there loool
ok me

I'm pretty impressed how long it existed, even after first party discontinuation. Tbf, I will miss the feeling when scrolling through the menu as a kid while listening to the iconic theme.
I only bought one game from the Wii Shop, being Super Mario Kart in 2010, never tried the other games out tho, except the free channels.

I gonna miss the music but nothing else...
I never really used it tbh :)

Not overly, I never used it personally

I never really used the Wii Shop Channel sadly, but it's still sad to see things like this come to an end when lots of players still use the Wii to this day. Of course, it also means Nintendo are focusing on new things, which is exciting nonetheless!

gouitrhnoghjtri

Banana
VIP forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$4,814
  • Deleted by gouitrhnoghjtri
Thankfully you can directly download the .wad ‘s of games no longer available but I will miss the loading screen, music, and Mario jumping at the blocks of the Wii Shop Channel.

Hopefully it will be you will be able to use it again soon, as the creators of RiiConnect24 have brought the Weather, News, and Everybody Votes Channel back to life, in similar fashion to how Wiimmfi brought Nintendo WFC back to life.

I miss the wii store. I was able to enjoy several titles mainly games and free channels. I'm glad I was able to enjoy these services for a long time.

Back