• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

E-Liter/Splat Charger Nerf (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin

Splatoon Freak
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,620
FC
1033-5565-9518
NNID
EBJustin
Clan
N/A
So as many of you know, the 2.7.0 update that took place a little over 2 weeks ago has nerfed the E-Liter 3K, E-Liter 3K Scope, Custom E-Liter 3K, Custom E-Liter 3K Scope, Splat Charger, Splatterscope, Kelp Splat Charger, and Kelp Splatterscope. The range of a non-fully charged shot has been reduced by 20% for all of the chargers listed above. Not only have chargers had to get used to this, but in order to kill someone far away (but not necessarily needing a fully charged shot pre-update), you will need to fully charge them to reach them. This means they have extra time to move out of the way and other shenanigans that are possible. Range has been increased by about 5% for all of the Splat Chargers, which is pretty nifty. The normal E-Liter with burst bombs can only throw 2 instead of 4 post-update due to the burst bomb nerf. This was how e-liters defended themselves up close; now it's much harder.

Do you agree with these nerfs? I do as it makes the game more balanced and less people will use these chargers or be as successful with them. People can still do really good if they are a good charger, however, so it does not discourage the usage of these weapons.

These weapons have basically made movement in Moray Towers nearly impossible before the patch, but post-patch has made it possible, but still rather difficult unless the charger is gone.

I never use any chargers because I suck at chargers. LOL

Oh wow, rip chargers :skull:

I would say it's an improvement over the original range, though

Oh wow, rip chargers :skull:

I would say it's an improvement over the original range, though
For Splat Chargers, they love it because of the extra range. For E-Liters, they really got only a nerf with the 10% decrease in swim speed (due to it being a "heavy" weapon) and the 20% less charge. :p

Back