• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Nintendo Switch Online (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Rachy

Sylveon is the best.
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$47,837
FC
0134-8501-1281
Switch FC
SW-1492-0752-5714
Clan
N/A
Hey everyone!

This thread is for about Nintendo Switch Online as they launched around September or October 2018 (I can't remember which one). What do you think it is good or bad? In my opinion, I think it's either good or bad. The good thing is when they putting online service on, then we'll hardly see any hackers on online games, such as MK8DX, Splatoon 2 and more. The bad thing is when you have purchased Nintendo Online membership to let you play it on your account, but if you want to use another account to play online games, you will need to pay it again on different account, same console, which is really stupid.

What is your thoughts on Nintendo Switch Online?

Haven't played online for 80 years but I think it's not bad. I haven't heard about it a lot, but I suppose it's fine? :p

Haven't played online for 80 years but I think it's not bad. I haven't heard about it a lot, but I suppose it's fine? :p
Yeah I know that you haven't played online much so, me too. I've seen lot of people don't like Nintendo Switch Online for reason.

Yeah I know that you haven't played online much so, me too. I've seen lot of people don't like Nintendo Switch Online for reason.
Mhm, one of the reasons would be you have to pay. You didn't have to pay back when the Switch was still new. And you didn't have to pay for Nintendo WFC on the Wii. Glad that never happened. xP

I don't mind Nintendo Switch online, I don't really have any complaints about it. Of course one could jump to complaining about how their service isn't perfect, but... to be fair, has anyone found a perfect service?

I’ve been out of the Nintendo loop for some time now, so excuse my ignorance, but they require you to pay now in order to use basic online services?

I’ve been out of the Nintendo loop for some time now, so excuse my ignorance, but they require you to pay now in order to use basic online services?
Yes.

Ugh... why?
I can't say I really know? Maybe they knew the demand was coming? I'm not sure. The prices aren't super horrible though. But that's coming from a full time worker...

It's just like Xbox and PlayStation 4 where you have to pay to play online. The prices isn't too expensive.

I can't say I really know? Maybe they knew the demand was coming? I'm not sure. The prices aren't super horrible though. But that's coming from a full time worker...
Hmmm I guess it just kind of stinks that you are paying for the game but aren’t necessarily getting all the features that are advertised. Surely online play is advertised and I am sure there is a disclaimer, but that is kind of a bummer for people coming from older Nintendo games where that wasn’t really a thing.

it was better free back in the days but the prices for online isn't bad plus its cheap :)

€19,99 isn't really that expensive and if you still bother about the price, get some friends and family members together for a family membership (8 accounts for a year = 35,99€, if fully occupied, that's ~ €4,50 for each person in a year!).

The NSO service gives you access to a NES game library, which has over 30 preinstalled games and the emulation feels perfect...well, too perfect.
Just like the real NES, the console suffers from slowdowns, if they're too many sprites on screen.
As I said: too perfect. :tox: The emulator has save and load features, a reset function (wow) and the ability to change TV mode to fullscreen, 4:3 or with CRT filter (nifty, but I'd like to see hq2x).

As I mentioned above, games are pre-installed and the library is small, but every month new games come out for the emulator.
Just a shame, they didn't plan on getting back to the Virtual Console games and it seems they plan to add an SNES emulator too, after discontinuing the Mini consoles.

Overall, to be fair, it's not the greatest, but not the worst online service so far. Hope they can make it more attractive.

It's not super expensive but my internet is shit which doesn't help the mediocre online play

It's a little annoying just because of the fact that we had it for free up until now (not really now it was released months ago but still :-() and it means that we can't get back to the online services we've already been using until we pay, but I guess with it being reasonably cheap compared to other platforms there's not much to complain about aha. Probably not the best service out there but I think the price difference makes up for that 8-p

It's good compared to other competitor price . And also you can pay like 1/8 Of the price with a family membership!

Honestly fine with it, the NES Classics aren't my huge interest besides a few games and I already own the NES Classic Console.
If it comes to connection it seems fine to me, always have between 7~14 Upload/Download speed in Docked mode, since yes the docked mode somehow reduces your internet speed by a huge bunch. (so if you are experiencing lag, check your speed by doing an internet test and see for yourself, might be your own net thats not good.)

Back