• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Thoughts on the new weapon meta? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin

Splatoon Freak
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,588
FC
1033-5565-9518
NNID
EBJustin
Clan
N/A
What new weapon meta, may you ask? Well, it isn't exactly "new," but it's being used by more and more people on just about every weapon. As you may have guessed if you're somewhat active on Splatoon, this is the Quick Respawn + Stealth Jump meta. Originally, the weapons you'd typically see running Quick Respawn and Stealth Jump would be the Dynamo Roller and the Luna Blaster Neo. Why did these weapons originally run it? Because these weapons (more specifically the Luna) are very effective when they come in by surprise via Stealth Jump and are always back into the action with Quick Respawn, making them very effective weapons to get a trade or a 2-for-1, then come right back into the action with a Stealth Jump. Now with Stealth Jump nerfed, it pretty much effects only the Dynamo/other rollers as swinging mid-air was most effective for winding up these rollers to pounce as soon as they landed, but shooting wasn't really effective until the person reached the ground. The nerf stopped any type of motions from being performed in the air until the player finally lands.

Nowadays, it seems just about every weapon is picking up on the QR + SJ meta. Custom Range Blasters, Tentateks, Splatlings, I've even seen SNIPERS run it. Disgusting. Everyone simply wants to keep getting back into the action and hoping their Stealth Jumps will get them back into the game with relative ease, picking off people unaware of their incoming presence. Now based on what I just said, it doesn't seem bad at all. I mean, it isn't too bad, but the fact that about every weapon has had numerous people incorporate this meta for the wrong reasons just ticks me off. They simply want to get many kills, be annoying, and cheese tower pushes and the like. The meta itself is an effective one in some scenarios, but it just disgusts me how the meta has evolved and the way people are using it today.

I think Quick Respawn needs to not be as stackable as it is, since with 6 mains of it (or commonly 4 or 5 QRs with SJ), you can die, and literally respawn in 3 seconds. When you put in the SJ in perspective, you can return to the same spot you were killed at to continue within 10 seconds. I think a way to counter this strategy is to pay attention to the top bar which states which players are alive and get a good idea of when players you kill will respawn, and if they respawn a lot more quickly than usual, chances are they are running that build. If you kill another, be on the lookout in the general area for a stealth jumper and if you have good reaction time and guess correctly on their landing point, you can send them right back where they started. If you manage to get a complete wipe on them, they can't utilize that QRSJ build effectively anymore. So if I were to face such a team that abused that strategy, I would work on trying to wipe the team within a small time frame so they can't use the build very well. Most teams who do run this don't have a lot of back up swim speed to get back to the mid quicker without the use of the jump.

It's a nasty way to be wasting your precious ability slots, I tend to focus way more on my actions while I'm alive e.g. mobility and ink efficiency; but that's just me, I really don't know why people love QR + SJ.

Back