• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Discord Update [March 30th, 2017] (2 viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin

Splatoon Freak
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,588
FC
1033-5565-9518
NNID
EBJustin
Clan
N/A
Yep, another Discord update! Let us wrap our heads around the information right away. :)

• CTRL/CMD + K: Teleport Anywhere You Need Ever with our new and robust Quick Switcher.
    - Switch between text channels, voice channels, and DMs.
    - Snap back to your last chat.
    - Display unread mentions from channels.
  • Filter your Quick Switches with various commands:
    - @ limits search to users in your current server
    - * only searches servers
    - # only searches text channels
    - ! only searches voice channels
  • The internet can be a scary place, so we’ve added a few safety features:
    - Safe Direct Messaging: images you receive in a DM from a non-friend will be automatically scanned by using fancy machine learning. Any flagged images will be deleted. You can turn off Safe Direct Messaging for your account under the User Settings > Privacy tab.
    - Global DM Privacy Setting: a one-click global option so you can set whether or not you want DMs from non-friends. If you want, you can still override the global setting on a per-server basis.
    - Server Auto-moderation: the new Explicit Content Filtering option will auto-detect and delete images and uploads deemed inappropriate. This is off by default. To enable this, simply check the Explicit Content Filtering option in server settings.
    - More safety features are coming. Read the full scoop here.
  • Removed geotagging when uploading a photo to Discord from your phone because, honestly, we don’t want to know where you’ve been.
  • League of Legends Beta client is supported for Friend Sync.
  • Improved performance of enormous servers like Overwatch and Dreamgrove. Keep testing our limits, bruh. We got you.
  • Fixed a bug that caused users in Do Not Disturb to be heavily disturbed by push notifications on their phone :sweaty-towel-guy:

• Reactions are now on iOS! Respond to your friends with low commitment pictures instead of words (long press on a message to add a reaction).
  • Typing a message with up to 27 Emoji and no characters will result in the Emoji becoming what they’ve always dreamed to be: big beautiful Wumboji.
  • Search on mobile is complete: Now you don’t have to be at your computer to recall that obscure bit of info your buddy linked ten months ago.
  • Carry your Nitro perks from desktop with you to the mobile app - animate your avatar with GIF wizardry, use your server’s custom emotes anywhere in Discord, upload larger files, and see your Nitro-exclusive badge to prove that our love is real.
  • Even faster loading: We heard you guys had too much time to read the loading lines, so we turned some knobs and made Discord load even faster. Good luck reading them now.

• Brand spankin' new chat input, with these bells and whistles:
    - Built-in camera for streamlined potato selfies :potato: :selfie:
    - Quick images + files picker, gotta go fast
    - Send multiple attachments in one message
  • To use your own personal file picker, use the launcher icon on the top left above the folder
  • We found Search hiding in the tall grass! With that fancy magnifying glass, can you see why kids love <popular copyrighted brand name breakfast food>?
  • You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose... and you can also pick the order your servers are in, now that server sorting is on Android.
  • Improved markdown support including: jumbo emojis and better code blocks, better URLs, masked links, etc. field.

I think it's pretty awesome we can switch between servers using that nify CTRL + K command instead of me having to navigate to a server all the way down my list and a channel as well; I believe you can even go straight through the channel, but I will have to check. I find it nice how they've implemented safety features if people want to use them. Those are always nice to have as long as they aren't set as default. Reactions have been on mobile for some time now, so yeah, that's cool. Finally, I'm happy DND finally got fixed on mobile!!! It was just like Skype in that it did not block push notifications on mobile when on Do Not Disturb, which was annoying. Now I can finally use that to my advantage on all devices. :D

Even though that CTRL/CMD + K seems pretty cool, for a person like me, it seems like added work. :p

Personally I just see the "quick switcher" as another method to get around. I don't really see it being any faster than just clicking, but options are always good!

Back