• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

General mental wellness updates (How are you feeling this week?) (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Lycan

Retro Gamer
Forum staff
Administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR member
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$16,580
FC
2411-1844-9418
Switch FC
SW-6092-7378-5415
The purpose of this thread is mainly to post about updates about how you might be feeling, or what you might be thinking about; most of these topics might not need their own thread. If it's a detailed issue, feel free to make a separate thread in this same section. In a lot of cases, I've found that people talking about their problems, when they need to vent about them are quite rare, though in most cases it should be acceptable. Thankfully, in a lot of Discord servers I've been in, has a designated vent channel, etc. and this thread can serve for that purpose. I also encourage the same if you happen to be feeling unusually well and want to share how things are going in your life in that manner as well.

I must emphasise a few things:
  • Be appropriate to the guidelines above. This section is fully moderated. (They won't appear to the public until a staff member approves them, if they do.)
  • The help section rules apply to this thread. Read them here before posting: Help section rules
  • Be genuine about how you feel, and avoid certain toxic behaviours if possible. Staff can determine what's considered toxic, and if needed, that discussion can be had
  • If your issue is difficult to understand, you might not be guaranteed to have a reply, so don't be upset if that is the case.
  • You may post anonymously if you wish, but staff members will be able to see who posted what. We won't publicly disclose that information, however.

I'll start by forwarding something I've sent in Discord today, and this is generally something I don't speak about around the clan too often. However, since living alone (for almost a year now), this is generally how life feels for me, and COVID hasn't made that any better, honestly.

unknown.png

voidedman

Triple Bananas
Reaction score
4DR swag bucks
$983
FC
2582-9904-2780
  • Deleted by Lycan
I'll start by forwarding something I've sent in Discord today, and this is generally something I don't speak about around the clan too often. However, since living alone (for almost a year now), this is generally how life feels for me, and COVID hasn't made that any better, honestly.

unknown.png
Sometimes we all feel that way, I guess the one thing that we worry about constantly is what other people think about us. I don't think your friends dislike you or anything but maybe they feel the same way that you do, perhaps they want you to check up on them. I think maybe you should tell your friends how you feel, maybe they'll understand what you are going through.

You exist because you are a valued person, you might not think that way but there are many people who care about you! You don't need to have lots of common interests to be friends with someone, there are lots of things that you could talk about.

You may not bother now but later down the line, I'm sure great things will happen to you. I'm positive! :)

The funny thing is, most of the facts (some you mentioned) are sometimes reminders needed because I know it’s the truth to begin with. Some days feels worse than others however. This entire conversation barrier still exists with a lot of people, and naturally, conversation does not flow much. If there’s plenty to talk about, it’s pretty hard for some reason to find.

I think maybe you should tell your friends how you feel, maybe they'll understand what you are going through.
This is probably one of the hardest things to agree with. I fear of repercussions too harsh because of potential misunderstandings about relationships in general.

This is probably one of the hardest things to agree with. I fear of repercussions too harsh because of potential misunderstandings about relationships in general.
If you never tell them, they're not going to know how you feel. If you keep it inside for too long, over time the thoughts will become unbearable. Don't think about what might happen and just tell them. Just take your time when explaining and I'm sure they will understand, getting it out of your system is more important, it will be like heavy weights lifted off your shoulders. Trust me I've been there and it is always better to tell someone rather than letting your emotions get the better of you. Don't be so down on yourself and don't let this bring you down.
The funny thing is, most of the facts (some you mentioned) are sometimes reminders needed because I know it’s the truth to begin with. Some days feels worse than others however. This entire conversation barrier still exists with a lot of people, and naturally, conversation does not flow much. If there’s plenty to talk about, it’s pretty hard for some reason to find.
Maybe ask questions which may open up a debate, or perhaps asking more deep questions rather than the usual small talk. It doesn't have to be just about your shared interests. You could perhaps talk about your experiences of the Coronavirus pandemic, or perhaps something like your opinion on this that and the other. I mean if your a person who prefers to be quiet and silent, then that's just who you are but I reckon if you just tell your friends about your own feelings, that will elicit a response - I cannot emphasise how important that is.

f you never tell them, they're not going to know how you feel. If you keep it inside for too long, over time the thoughts will become unbearable. Don't think about what might happen and just tell them.
I have very much mixed feelings about this. I want to, but some relationships have aged years and have, more or less, died. I’d like to be honest yeah, but I’ve got a bad feeling some people who come to mind first, I have doubts they want much to do with me anymore.

September was a particular bad month to me. Someone on my cross-country team died to suicide, which took a while to get to me. It made me understand how anyone could have issues and need to speak up about it. Being with my friends during all of this really brought my mood up. I also think much about the future right now, thinking about how much potential I have doing some things, which motivates me during undesirable times.

There are a lot of unique reason as of why people usually don’t speak up about said issues, honestly. But a lot of them are because of society standards (which sucks), but honestly I wish it would be encouraged more. Said event that you mentioned above @Fergus could have been avoided. Sorry to hear.

my mood has been up and down, just worried about the future

I have very much mixed feelings about this. I want to, but some relationships have aged years and have, more or less, died. I’d like to be honest yeah, but I’ve got a bad feeling some people who come to mind first, I have doubts they want much to do with me anymore.
It can be that one person that you trust or feel like that they would understand. I know it's difficult but you've just got to face your fears. The important thing that you release those feelings. Or as an alternative, write down what your currently feeling, transfering the feelings from yourself to a piece of paper will feel very relieving.
September was a particular bad month to me. Someone on my cross-country team died to suicide, which took a while to get to me. It made me understand how anyone could have issues and need to speak up about it. Being with my friends during all of this really brought my mood up. I also think much about the future right now, thinking about how much potential I have doing some things, which motivates me during undesirable times.
It's just sad how things can go unnoticed. Very sorry to hear about that. It just makes us think "What could I have done to prevent that".

my mood has been up and down, just worried about the future
Especially at this time, you just need to power through. Don't worry about the future just focus on the present. The future is unpredictable, so take it easy.

@Tien I really don't think I can do this

Everything about my past is who I don't want to be, and I have high doubts that others can see past that or trust me in this case. I hate to say it, but even after adolescent years, there was still a ton of things I did not understand and I feel like everything I stood for back then is an embarrassment of who I was. I've been trying to think of something I could say but I honestly don't think I should even try it. I don't want to seem as if I'm (once again) obsessed about old relationships with friends that I can't get back.

Not like finding new friends has been any easier; it hasn't, but honestly, feels like a lose/lose scenario.

Edit: I don't mean to put you in this scenario or make you uncomfortable, or try to convince you that you're my therapist or something, but there's a ton of things to a ton of stories about the last 2 years alone, and only so much has happened since then.

@Tien I really don't think I can do this

Everything about my past is who I don't want to be, and I have high doubts that others can see past that or trust me in this case. I hate to say it, but even after adolescent years, there was still a ton of things I did not understand and I feel like everything I stood for back then is an embarrassment of who I was. I've been trying to think of something I could say but I honestly don't think I should even try it. I don't want to seem as if I'm (once again) obsessed about old relationships with friends that I can't get back.

Not like finding new friends has been any easier; it hasn't, but honestly, feels like a lose/lose scenario.

Edit: I don't mean to put you in this scenario or make you uncomfortable, or try to convince you that you're my therapist or something, but there's a ton of things to a ton of stories about the last 2 years alone, and only so much has happened since then.
I've been in a similar position as you have. You have to stop about thinking about what happened in the past, it's gone there's nothing you can do about it. Dwelling on your past thoughts will hurt you even more. I understand that there may be things that are too hard to forget but if you just focus on what you are doing now. Besides, since you're talking about this, you're already releasing some of that strain. And, if talking to people about it is uncomfortable, write everything down on a piece of paper, then scrunch it up and put it in the bin. All your feelings will be on that paper, then you can do whatever you like with it.

if you dont think about your future your past might harm your brain and make you unhappy so just try to build off of the things that you are not happy about

I will have to think about it. It’s not the first time I’ve had to do this, so I’d have to make it count.

I just live it day by day, and focus on achieving my goals in life one at a time

Sometimes we all feel that way, I guess the one thing that we worry about constantly is what other people think about us. I don't think your friends dislike you or anything but maybe they feel the same way that you do, perhaps they want you to check up on them. I think maybe you should tell your friends how you feel, maybe they'll understand what you are going through.
So, I happened to do this for exactly one person, and I guess it went much better than I could have ever anticipated...

So, I happened to do this for exactly one person, and I guess it went much better than I could have ever anticipated...
Seeeeee, you never know until you do it.

I still don't trust this idea with generally anyone though. I chose that person because I trust them with my life. And vice versa

Back