• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

What do you think will happen to Splatoon 1 when Splatoon 2 comes out? (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Zachy

What a waste!
Forum staff
Super administrator
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
4DR veteran member
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$15,427
Switch FC
8168-6171-5811
Clan
4DR
What do you predict will happen to Splatoon 1 in terms of activity when Splatoon 2 comes out? Do you think that Splatoon 2 will have no impact on the activity of Splatoon 1? Do you think it will decrease? Do you think it will decrease at first and then people will come back? Personally, I do think that the activity of Splatoon 1 will decrease as a result of Splatoon 2 being released. It's not like Splatoon 2 is a major overhaul of the game or anything. There's just some improvements and additions, so I'm not sure what people would have to complain about that would keep them on Splatoon 1 or make them return.

Last edited:
Splatoon 2 will definitely decrease the activity of Splatoon 1. It's the same for all games; even if the previous game was much more popular and better than the succeeding game, it will still lose players because of those who have moved over and simply for the fact that once a new release comes out, people just drop the older game immediately and never re-visit it. It's just a known fact. But yeah, aside from this, I think there will be a noticeable loss in activity on Splatoon 1 once Splatoon 2 hits the shelves. Considering there is a spectator mode and nifty little changes, it will allow Splatoon 2 to potentially grow into a somewhat popular eSport. People will still play Splatoon 1, but the player-base will have definitely decreased to make way for the new game.

I reckon Splatoon 1 activity will take a sudden massive drop, as Splatoon 2 is a huge thing and most Splatoon 1 players are just going to move on to Splatoon 2 on or after its release.

WOOOO SPLATOON 2 WOOOOO
*Get's the Switch*
Nintendo please refund me!

Never fear Nintendo fans, we'll make another console!

WOOOOO SPLATOON 3 WOOOOO
*Get's the Switch U*

*repeats*

Back