• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Battle Mode Contest! (1 viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

aqua

Banned
Banned (level 1)
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$33
Hello hello! We are back with yet another new contest for you guys! This time, it's in the game we all know and love, Mario Kart Wii! This contest is pretty simple. All you have to do is hit the CPUs in battle mode as many times as possible. The person with the most hits, 2nd most hits, and 3rd most will win a prize!

The contest will end on the October 5th at midnight EST.

The RULES:
  1. Please submit your run as a video with the following:
    • Battle mode settings visible at the start of your video. Make sure the settings are as follows:
      • CPUs on Hard difficulty.
      • CPU Vehicles set to "All".
      • Stage Chosen will be GCN Cookie Land If done on any other stage, you will be disqualified.
      • Items set to "Balanced".
      • Record only one battle.
    • Your character selection.
    • The stage selection (make sure you pick Cookie Land!)
    • The run itself (unedited).
    • The results screen of the match you played only.
    • Your username on a piece of paper or index card clearly visible at some point in the video or you can use your mii while playing.
  2. You may only submit 1 run. You can obviously attempt this as many times as you want, but submit only your best one as your entry.
  3. Please submit your run as an unlisted YouTube video in the Voting Booth section: Do not post it anywhere else on the forum, or you will be disqualified.
  4. As stated previously, please only record the first match in your submission. Your score will not be counted if you post the second, third, fourth, etc. round of the game.
The PRIZES:
Prizes are a bit different from last time (maybe it will add some extra incentive! ;)):

1st Place: Contest Winner Award and a free T-Shirt Voucher (aka paid for by @Amaya :hippo:) from our Merchandise Shop! (Please note that your shipping information is required to receive this voucher.)

2nd Place: $10 iTunes Gift Card!

3rd place: 1,000 4DR Swag Bucks!

Good luck to those participating, and let us know in the comments below if you have any questions about this contest! :D

Last edited by forum staff:
This seems really interesting! I love the creativity in this one and wish the best of luck to everyone who participates in this and wins these awesome prizes! I'd honestly love to participate and would, but with my current setup, there's really no way I can participate. I can only record through my phone. So that would mean holding my phone in one hand, the controller in the other (therefore, I wouldn't be able to drive correctly at all), and somehow grow a third arm to hold my forum username somewhere in the picture. So unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to participate, but just know that I'd really love to! Also, just out of curiosity... What do you expect from people with capture cards? You guys say that their forum username needs to be on a piece of paper somewhere within the video, but that's kind of impossible when you're directly recording your TV. So what do you expect there? A picture at the end with the piece of paper with username on it?

This seems really interesting! I love the creativity in this one and wish the best of luck to everyone who participates in this and wins these awesome prizes! I'd honestly love to participate and would, but with my current setup, there's really no way I can participate. I can only record through my phone. So that would mean holding my phone in one hand, the controller in the other (therefore, I wouldn't be able to drive correctly at all), and somehow grow a third arm to hold my forum username somewhere in the picture. So unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to participate, but just know that I'd really love to! Also, just out of curiosity... What do you expect from people with capture cards? You guys say that their forum username needs to be on a piece of paper somewhere within the video, but that's kind of impossible when you're directly recording your TV. So what do you expect there? A picture at the end with the piece of paper with username on it?

You may use your mii.

You may use your mii.
So showing your mii at the beginning of your run voids the need for your username being on a piece of paper?

So showing your mii at the beginning of your run voids the need for your username being on a piece of paper?

Yes, or you can always use your mii while playing. ;)

Yes, or you can always use your mii while playing. ;)
If that's an agreed upon method of validation, then I'd update the first post to include that. :)

OP
OP
A

aqua

Banned
Banned (level 1)
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$33
  • Deleted by aqua
Try using something to prop it up. Doesn't really matter if it's a bad angle, just as long as you can see the score.

I removed the bit about the 1st battle beacuse it doesn't matter as long as you record one.

Try using something to prop it up. Doesn't really matter if it's a bad angle, just as long as you can see the score.
I'll try my best, but my setup isn't very flexible for a lot of different reasons. Therefore, while I again will try my best, I wouldn't expect me to participate despite the contest idea being absolutely brilliant. :)

Knowing my skills in the battle (5000 BR) I'm not sure to participate. xD Good luck to everyone! :)

Knowing my skills in the battle (5000 BR) I'm not sure to participate. xD Good luck to everyone! :)
If you can record, I'd definitely say give it a go! :D

I won't participate as well since I already have a shirt. To those you doesn't have a shirt, this is your time to shine.

I won't participate as well since I already have a shirt. To those you doesn't have a shirt, this is your time to shine.
You could always participate and be kind enough to give your prize to someone else instead (if they are willing to share their shipping information of course). :p

If you can record, I'd definitely say give it a go! :D

I think I can participate, I will fight for the second or third place as the first place already has an owner. ;)

You could always participate and be kind enough to give your prize to someone else instead (if they are willing to share their shipping information of course). :p

This contest is too time consuming, so I would probably skip it, and give others a chance to earn the prize.

Back