• Welcome to the 4DR Clan Forum! You are currently browsing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access. For more access, the ability to post, and to have your own account, we ask that you register (which you can do here).

Religion? (2 viewers)

Religion?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

$$_Rich_$$

Checkmate!
VIP forum user
Premium forum user
Bronze forum user
Reaction score
Awards
4DR swag bucks
$2,741
FC
3484-9248-7747
Clan
4DR
I'm not trying to offend any religion, or tell anyone what they believe is wrong. I'm just simply discussing what I feel and what I think about religions. Please also don't be offended if anything I say contradicts or disagrees with your beliefs. I can say that I'm an agnostic because I don't believe in any religion, but I believe in the existence of a higher being which is God. I also believe that we should do good and help others. We should also respect everyone.

My parents brought me up as Catholics, but my parents respects my beliefs. I sometimes wonder if Christianity is just a money making scheme. Sometimes, there are scandals involving the church, such as abuse of power and corruption. Sometimes pastors, priests, and other members of the Church are trying to recruit members because they are losing members because of these scandals. They are recruiting members by telling people that they accept gay people, yet a pastor said that Harry Potter, and Disney movie: Frozen shouldn't be watched by children since it will make them gay. As seen in Pastor Thinks Kids Should Drown Instead Of Reading 'Harry Potter'. The pope also says that the creation by God, agrees with the Big Bang theory or something like that. The shroud of Turin has been carbon dated back about 1000 years ago, which is too late for Jesus' time.

Other religions such as Muslim believe in polygamy which is hardly ethical and literally shows that men are superior than women. They are also very strict against women, like women are supposed to wear a full body black dress than covers literally everything. They are treating women as objects rather than people. What kind of religion would show that men are superior than women? Shouldn't they teach about equality and respect? Some religions like this are for me questionable. I'm not saying anything bad about this religion, or that something is wrong, but I'm just wondering.

What do you guys think of this? Please state your reasons and what you think. Please also say what you believe in and why. Should there be a presence of religion?

Last edited:
Even if I am an atheist, I am actually not sure whether or not religion should be abandoned altogether. I just feel that many people would hate that. Plus, my family likes some Jewish Traditions.

Even if I am an atheist, I am actually not sure whether or not religion should be abandoned altogether. I just feel that many people would hate that. Plus, my family likes some Jewish Traditions.

Even if it would anger a lot of people, should religion not exist beacsue what matters is what you believe not what would please others.

Really, I'm not into religion. I don't believe or disbelief anything, I just try to stay away from it all. It's never interested me or had an impact on me. I think my mom is Catholic, but she is not at all super religious or anything. I don't take offense to anyone's religion, but just don't tell me what I can/can't say or do based on your religion. That's when it crosses the line and isn't OK with me. :p

I'm not trying to offend any religion, or tell anyone what they believe is wrong. I'm just simply discussing what I feel and what I think about religions. Please also don't be offended if anything I say contradicts or disagrees with your beliefs. I can say that I'm an agnostic because I don't believe in any religion, but I believe in the existence of a higher being which is God. I also believe that we should do good and help others. We should also respect everyone.

My parents brought me up as Catholics, but my parents respects my beliefs. I sometimes wonder if Christianity is just a money making scheme. Sometimes, there are scandals involving the church, such as abuse of power and corruption. Sometimes pastors, priests, and other members of the Church are trying to recruit members because they are losing members because of these scandals. They are recruiting members by telling people that they accept gay people, yet a pastor said that Harry Potter, and Disney movie: Frozen shouldn't be watched by children since it will make them gay. As seen in Pastor Thinks Kids Should Drown Instead Of Reading 'Harry Potter'. The pope also says that the creation by God, agrees with the Big Bang theory or something like that. The shroud of Turin has been carbon dated back about 1000 years ago, which is too late for Jesus' time.

Other religions such as Muslim believe in polygamy which is hardly ethical and literally shows that men are superior than women. They are also very strict against women, like women are supposed to wear a full body black dress than covers literally everything. They are treating women as objects rather than people. What kind of religion would show that men are superior than women? Shouldn't they teach about equality and respect? Some religions like this are for me questionable. I'm not saying anything bad about this religion, or that something is wrong, but I'm just wondering.

What do you guys think of this? Please state your reasons and what you think. Please also say what you believe in and why. Should there be a presence of religion?

Rich,
Your wrong about the black dress thing, that's a fake thing. The women are not required to wear that wherever you got that from. People usually wear stuff kind of like that around Iraq and Saudi Arabia. I'm a Muslim myself and I'm Turkish. People go to the church, we go to a Mosque. At the mosque they talk about the Quran which is like the arabic/muslim bible. They say it in Arabic then in English. Don't know if that will go with the fact of women wearing a black dress but I've never heard that as a MUST. Not being harsh or anything, just answering a mistake :p BTW, in the Islamic Religion we call God... (we believe in god) Allah. You might have even heard around the Internet or random people say Allahu-Akbar. Allahu-Akbar means Allah is number one. Also, women though, are required to wear a Hijab(Headwear), and not allowed to show any parts of their body in public or etc.(not in the wrong way -_-) So technically they can wear whatever they want.

Rich,
Your wrong about the black dress thing, that's a fake thing. The women are not required to wear that wherever you got that from. People usually wear stuff kind of like that around Iraq and Saudi Arabia. I'm a Muslim myself and I'm Turkish. People go to the church, we go to a Mosque. At the mosque they talk about the Quran which is like the arabic/muslim bible. They say it in Arabic then in English. Don't know if that will go with the fact of women wearing a black dress but I've never heard that as a MUST. Not being harsh or anything, just answering a mistake :p BTW, in the Islamic Religion we call God... (we believe in god) Allah. You might have even heard around the Internet or random people say Allahu-Akbar. Allahu-Akbar means Allah is number one. Also, women though, are required to wear a Hijab(Headwear), and not allowed to show any parts of their body in public or etc.(not in the wrong way -_-) So technically they can wear whatever they want.

Thanks for your input:D. I'm wondering why are women required to cover all parts of their body. Shouldn't there be no malice to anything? Also I believe it's very hot in Iraq and Saudi Arabia and forcing women to wear those stuff is like sticking them it an oven, lol:).

Thanks for your input:D. I'm wondering why are women required to cover all parts of their body. Shouldn't there be no malice to anything? Also I believe it's very hot in Iraq and Saudi Arabia and forcing women to wear those stuff is like sticking them it an oven, lol:).

No problem

tbh I do not believe in god or these "stories" i've got told in school neither do I believe in 666 or that stuff. i could write my full thoughts but it'd be probably a bit offensive to religious people.

tbh I do not believe in god or these "stories" i've got told in school neither do I believe in 666 or that stuff. i could write my full thoughts but it'd be probably a bit offensive to religious people.

You think it will be that offensive? :eek:

As long as you're not insulting people who believe in religion, you shouldn't be insulting for simply having a differing opinion. :p

I think you should share your thoughts, but just say that you're not trying to offend anyone and that it's your opinion.

I know this forum area usually has detailed responses, but I don't want to get deeply into this and I explained my input in the "Big Bang Theory vs. Creation by God" thread. I do not believe it is true, it is false hope and useless time consumption that causes conflicts with others and destroys our society.

For me, I don't really follow a religion. When people use the word God, I think of God as a universal energy rather than an powerful being who has human characteristics. God does not have emotions, he does not care for our purpose, he is just an energy that keeps the universe together. And that's what I believe.

I totally respect other peoples beliefs. I think religion is totally stupid personally, but for another person it may be the logical thing. I've concluded that people follow religion for three main reasons. 1) It's what helps them bond and stay within their community. 2) It brings them happiness and comfort. 3) They are ignorant and stupid and use religion to back up everything they believe in because in reality, they have no logical or intellectual basis. So I think religion is great, except for the 3rd reason. Quoting the bible or telling someone to do something because God said so is ridiculous. It may work for you, but others come from a different background and mindset.

Atheist. No one can make me think that there is a God. Also, I am not against religion, I just think that there is no such thing as a a God.

I'm so late, I know!!

Anyways, I believe in God. I'd be catholic, but I didn't finish it.
Each one believes in what they want and there should be respect between people and different religions. Just because someone doesn't believe in God, they shouldn't be forced to believe or be mad at them. There are no better religions, every religion is equal. Different religions have different moral codes.

I'm so late, I know!!

Anyways, I believe in God. I'd be catholic, but I didn't finish it.
Each one believes in what they want and there should be respect between people and different religions. Just because someone doesn't believe in God, they shouldn't be forced to believe or be mad at them. There are no better religions, every religion is equal. Different religions have different moral codes.
Absolutely agree with you here! :)

Religion as a whole is one big mess. I identify as an agnostic (someone who questions God's existence), and while I can respect people's religious beliefs, a lot of people (not saying everyone) who believes in the Christian faith in particular are just plain stupid with the way they lay the Bible's law in literally every scenario possible regardless of other people's religion. What happened to the freedom thereof?

I'm a Christian, and I do believe strongly in my faith. However I think religion is an example to follow, a way of life as opposed to a history book, which is what most people seem to see it as. Everyone has the right to believe in whatever they choose, and they should use that as a positive influence for their life. Religion is not to be seen as a definite truth, or anything of the sort, but just something to think about, ponder over and believe. To help people make better choices and live better lives.

Also, Rich, you made a particular statement about Islam - about women having to cover most of themselves - if you ask me, this prevents objectification, and it is used as a way to stop men thinking of women too sexually, which, as I'm sure you understand; men do. The full-body garment is to protect a woman's dignity and to prevent her from being sexually objectified.

However, with the "men are more superior than women" thing in Islam, I disagree, but, as I've stated; everyone has the right to believe in what they do, and religion is not to be argued about too seriously, but should be an individual's way of life.

I'm a Christian, and I do believe strongly in my faith. However I think religion is an example to follow, a way of life as opposed to a history book, which is what most people seem to see it as. Everyone has the right to believe in whatever they choose, and they should use that as a positive influence for their life. Religion is not to be seen as a definite truth, or anything of the sort, but just something to think about, ponder over and believe. To help people make better choices and live better lives.

Also, Rich, you made a particular statement about Islam - about women having to cover most of themselves - if you ask me, this prevents objectification, and it is used as a way to stop men thinking of women too sexually, which, as I'm sure you understand; men do. The full-body garment is to protect a woman's dignity and to prevent her from being sexually objectified.

However, with the "men are more superior than women" thing in Islam, I disagree, but, as I've stated; everyone has the right to believe in what they do, and religion is not to be argued about too seriously, but should be an individual's way of life.

True, but in certain middle eastern countries, women can't drive.

Back